How rare is this poster?

PickerGreg

Reaction score
Thanks :smile: Maybe I'll put it on Ebay for like $100 and see if anything bites. Otherwise I'll just keep it.

I just think its valuable because isn't the Muppets suppose to be a kids thing? And yet here you have Miss Piggy in lingerie. LOL (I know its not meant for kids, but its almost like seeing Toy Story be sexy... You wouldn't see that today.)

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks :smile: Maybe I'll put it on Ebay for like $100 and see if anything bites. Otherwise I'll just keep it.

I just think its valuable because isn't the Muppets suppose to be a kids thing? And yet here you have Miss Piggy in lingerie. LOL (I know its not meant for kids, but its almost like seeing Toy Story be sexy... You wouldn't see that today.)
The Muppets are for all ages, but most people seem to think they are only for kids. Jim Henson had a big battle to launch "The Muppet Show" as a prime time family show and America knocked him back and he had to do it with English backing, when it became a hit. And don't forget the pilot was called Sex and Violence !!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Getting really tired of this whole Muppets are for kids thing now.
So am I. You have no clue how many times I've been laughed at for being an obsessed Muppet fan during middle school and the beginning of high school! There have been people who accepted my interest in them, but all those other people who have "moved on and watch age appropriate stuff"...ugh! Personally, I think it's due to that whole nonsense of people considering Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, etc. as Sesame Street characters. That whole factor really perturbs me!

dwmckim

Reaction score
For what it's worth - that would have come out when i was nine years old and had my eyes peeled for any and all Muppet stuff and have never seen that poster or picture before.

PickerGreg

Reaction score
Hey I posted it on Ebay for $150. My mind keeps going back and forth between "Is that too much or too little????" But I think $150 is somewhere in between.......right? lol.

The reason I care so much is because I bought it at an Esate Sale with $180 worth of other things. I basically gave/threw everything else away and this is the only thing that I can make my money back on.

I definitely don't want to sell it for $50 because I couldn't even find an imagine of it on Google.

Am I asking too much? It does have condition issues....

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hey I posted it on Ebay for $150. My mind keeps going back and forth between "Is that too much or too little????" But I think $150 is somewhere in between.......right? lol.

The reason I care so much is because I bought it at an Esate Sale with $180 worth of other things. I basically gave/threw everything else away and this is the only thing that I can make my money back on.

I definitely don't want to sell it for $50 because I couldn't even find an imagine of it on Google.

Good luck, I'll be intrigued to see what it goes for.

BTW, is yours the house from "Risky Business"? I can visualise Tom Cruise skidding behind that Miss Piggy poster in the second image down :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I do like this poster and do find it cool. But honestly, speay for myself as both a collector and huge Muppets fan, I would not pay a good deal of money on that considering it's condition. It's pretty far from "mint" or even "near mint" and as already mentioned condition is everything on the collectables market. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine when people think just because something is rare than condition doesn't matter as much, but in reality that's when condition matters MOST.