BJ Guyer Puppet-making workshop

Jinx

Reaction score
Hey all! BJ Guyer (The Muppets, Crank Yankers, etc.) will be teaching another puppet-making workshop through the Stan Winston School of Character Arts. The classes are taught live via video, and class participants can type in questions, or ask for clarification. It really is the next best thing to actually being there in the room.

A couple of months ago BJ taught a three-part course on patterned puppet making, and any of us who attended it will tell you it was really great! He's a terrific teacher!

The focus of this course (also in three-parts over consecutive Saturdays) is foam carving and he'll do some simple mechanisms as well.

Click this link to learn more details! You won't want to miss it!

Jinx

Reaction score
There are a couple of different levels of participation available. Click the link above and all the details are there describing the differences.

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
I took the first one and it was AMAZING! It was worth every pennie and he said it was an intro to puppet making. It was an intro to PROFESSIONAL puppet making. Ever wonder why they say a pro puppet feels really good to use? Well BJ shares his careers worth of secrets with you. I was so amazed with what he showed. His way of doing mouth plates and why and how he does arm rods. If any of you are thinking of doing the next one I cant recommend it enough. I will be taking it. It is about carving and shaping puppets right out of the foam. He covered a bit of how he does it in the previous seminar but if you want to carve a Gonzo head like I do then this will be the class to take. The last class he even gave us a pattern for the puppet he was building as the example. anyway. He is such a good teacher and a great guy and I will be there....well I will be watching from my computer. Oh and I cant recommend Stan Winston online school enough either. They have amazing tutorials for a small amount per month. I have learned so much about how these people think and work.

Jinx

Reaction score
Just a few days left to sign up for this class. Believe me, you will not want to miss it! BJ teaches top-level, professional techniques that are within the grasp of anyone! This is information you can put to USE! No pie-in-the-sky fluff.
http://bit.ly/FoamPuppets

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Jinx, Did you sign up for the Professional or the watch and chat? I'll be at the professional level. Chat with you tomorrow.

Jinx

Reaction score
I'm afraid I can only afford the watch & chat, which is how I participated in the last class. Such an unbelievable experience!

See you tomorrow! (At least for awhile... I have to duck out early for an opera performance!)