Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Oh good grief...who said anything about Disney losing the Muppets? The movie might not have done well but not enough that Disney wants to get rid of them! :rolleyes: Haven't you been keeping up on anything theyve done recently? They were on for a whole hour on The View they've been doing interviews for the blurray release. And Constantine was just part of a Villains Unleashed show in Disney world I highly doubt that constitutes their giving up on them there's no need for this pointless dramatic nonsense.
I completely agree. The gang is not going anywhere just because of one extremely minor let down.

I've been strolling through the rush of reviews for the Bluray and most of the critics who originally hailed the movie as a major disappointment have admitted that the film has grown on them and they enjoy it more with every viewing. This only supports the notion that everyone was expecting the film to be just like TM11, but now they have accepted it for its own type of charm and comedy.

ANYWAY, not to be a bother, but I was wondering if someone could possibly make up a list of all the scenes included in the Extended Edition. I've been debating about whether or not to import it, so I'd like to know if it is worth the effort, not to mention money to do so.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Oh good grief...who said anything about Disney losing the Muppets? The movie might not have done well but not enough that Disney wants to get rid of them! :rolleyes: Haven't you been keeping up on anything theyve done recently? They were on for a whole hour on The View they've been doing interviews for the blurray release. And Constantine was just part of a Villains Unleashed show in Disney world I highly doubt that constitutes their giving up on them there's no need for this pointless dramatic nonsense.
Well, I just hope the Muppets gets a third movie and a tv show.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well, I just hope the Muppets gets a third movie and a tv show.
A third movie not likely for a very long time and thats probably a good thing. As for a tv show I think that's something were all hoping for. However your logic that Disney is gonna lose the Muppets because of a failed movie is utterly ridiculous.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I completely agree. The gang is not going anywhere just because of one extremely minor let down.

I've been strolling through the rush of reviews for the Bluray and most of the critics who originally hailed the movie as a major disappointment have admitted that the film has grown on them and they enjoy it more with every viewing. This only supports the notion that everyone was expecting the film to be just like TM11, but now they have accepted it for its own type of charm and comedy.

ANYWAY, not to be a bother, but I was wondering if someone could possibly make up a list of all the scenes included in the Extended Edition. I've been debating about whether or not to import it, so I'd like to know if it is worth the effort, not to mention money to do so.
Here is the list from Tough Pigs. i think they left out one though...when Piggy is getting very suspicious of Kermit immediately following the proposal. She starts to question him, questions the ring, gets very nervous, and then is physically forced to accept the crowds' applause, on stage.

BTW, it's 12 minutes of added movie, and it's worth every penny!!! It really adds to the movie in a HUGE way, IMO.

http://www.toughpigs.com/mmw-bluray-review/

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
A third movie not likely for a very long time and thats probably a good thing. As for a tv show I think that's something were all hoping for. However your logic that Disney is gonna lose the Muppets because of a failed movie is utterly ridiculous.
If there is a tv series, I'm hoping Bill the Bubble Guy, Mulch, and Mr. Poodlepants show up, even though that possibility is unlikely. But besides them, I'm hoping Kermit, Fozzie, Big Mean Carl, Walter, Pepe, Rowlf, Sam Eagle, Scooter, Wayne and Wanda, 80's Robot, Foo-Foo, Beaker, Bobo, Uncle Deadly, Afghan Hound, Mildred, Annie Sue, Lew Zealand, Marvin Suggs, Link Hogthrob, Rizzo, Bubba the Rat, Gonzo, Camilla, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Animal, Floyd, Zoot, The Newsman, Trumpet Girl, Beautiful Day Monster, Beauregard, Crazy Harry, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Bobby Benson, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Sweetums, and Nigel the Conductor make appearances in some episodes. I know this may seem like a long list, but they all need to make appearances if a tv series is made. I also hope Jean Pierre Napoleon makes appearances, even though Ty Burrell probably agreed not to reprise his role as the French agent.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You do realize half the characters you named would be a definite given IF a tv show is made right? I can't even begin to comment on the rest of your statement. I think I need to join Jamie and start expanding my ignore list.:rolleyes:

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Okay, so maybe Mulch, Mr. Poodlepants, and Bill the Bubble Guy won't appear, but maybe they will to make up for their absence from Muppets Most Wanted. They reinvented Howard Tubman, Andy and Randy, Carter, Spamela Hamderson, and Captain Pighead, so maybe they can do it with Bill the Bubble Guy, Mulch, and Mr. Poodlepants.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay, so maybe Mulch, Mr. Poodlepants, and Bill the Bubble Guy won't appear, but maybe they will to make up for their absence from Muppets Most Wanted. They reinvented Howard Tubman, Andy and Randy, Carter, Spamela Hamderson, and Captain Pighead, so maybe they can do it with Bill the Bubble Guy, Mulch, and Mr. Poodlepants.
Their background characters! I highly doubt their absence matters much!

dwayne1115

Reaction score

If there is a tv series, I'm hoping Bill the Bubble Guy, Mulch, and Mr. Poodlepants show up, even though that possibility is unlikely. But besides them, I'm hoping Kermit, Fozzie, Big Mean Carl, Walter, Pepe, Rowlf, Sam Eagle, Scooter, Wayne and Wanda, 80's Robot, Foo-Foo, Beaker, Bobo, Uncle Deadly, Afghan Hound, Mildred, Annie Sue, Lew Zealand, Marvin Suggs, Link Hogthrob, Rizzo, Bubba the Rat, Gonzo, Camilla, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Animal, Floyd, Zoot, The Newsman, Trumpet Girl, Beautiful Day Monster, Beauregard, Crazy Harry, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Bobby Benson, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Sweetums, and Nigel the Conductor make appearances in some episodes. I know this may seem like a long list, but they all need to make appearances if a tv series is made. I also hope Jean Pierre Napoleon makes appearances, even though Ty Burrell probably agreed not to reprise his role as the French agent.
Wow!

Let me see if I can explain this to you so that we might be able to move on from all of this talk of background, and no name Muppets.

What Disney and the Muppets have been trying to do for the past sevral years now is "Re-introduce" the core group of the Muppets. Which they have done a good job of. Sure the background Muppets are cool to see, but that is not the main focus of what Disney and the Muppets are trying to do. Now I will admit bringing back Uncle Deadly, Wane and Wanda, and Annie Sue was great. What is great about that is that they each had a good size role in the Muppet Show. For a Muppet that was maybe used for one episode of The Muppet Show, they don't care how much screen time they get, because the main Muppet core is there focus.