Missing Muppets: The Ones You Miss

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Throughout the years there have been well over 1,000 muppets or at least what I think. Most originated on TMS, some in the feature films, and others on MT and JHH. Some have become break out stars like Pepe the King Prawn and Rizzo the Rat, while others dwelled for a while trying to grasp popularity, but ending up dying out which leads us to MISSING MUPPETS. Which missing muppets do you miss, do you think they will ever come back, what is your theory or educated fact on their disappearence. Just to clear up, a missing muppet is one that has not appeared in TM'11 or MMW, and has not been seen in at least half a decade. So, which missing muppets do you miss?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Throughout the years there have been well over 1,000 muppets or at least what I think.
Muppet Wiki has pages for 2,834 Muppets, and pages for 913 "The Muppets" characters. Of course, there's a number of character groups where not all characters have their own individual pages, which lowers the number at Muppet Wiki.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki has pages for 2,834 Muppets, and pages for 913 "The Muppets" characters. Of course, there's a number of character groups where not all characters have their own individual pages, which lowers the number at Muppet Wiki.
I did not say I was sure, but that is not that far away from 1,000.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I did not say I was sure, but that is not that far away from 1,000.
And as I said, there are a number of characters who don't have individual pages. There's not individual pages for every member of The Gogolala Jubilee Jugband, Geri and the Attrics, the Muppets Tonight Band, or the Extremes. And several Frackles do not have their own pages. And who knows how many individual identical/generic penguins, chickens, rats, pigs, or frogs there are?

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I miss Polly Lobster, Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty, I really hope these three make a comeback someday. He's not my favourite Muppet but it has been a long time since we saw Lewis Kazzager :fanatic:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I miss Polly Lobster, Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty, I really hope these three make a comeback someday. He's not my favourite Muppet but it has been a long time since we saw Lewis Kazzager :fanatic:
It seems like Louis Kazzager was retired with muppet sports besides GMC. Actually what I realized is that tons of muppet show sketches were basically cancelled while others went on for too many episodes to count, sort of like prime time television. Pigs in Space, Vet's Hospital, and Muppet Labs were among the ones that were renewed and the most popular while Muppet Sports had few installements after the third season indicating that his show was on the cutting board. Other sketches like A Poem By Rowlf lasted two episodes before getting the axe or An Editorial by Sam the Eagle which is among one of my favorites got cut only after four episodes. Anyway that is just me rambling.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit. Once they brought back Link Hogthrob, I pretty much stopped caring about anyone else. I mean... it's ...Link...Hogthrob!

But I'll admit that there are those who I'd like to see again.

Marvin Suggs- I am so disappointed by the fact that, while he's a puppeteer and regularly works for Henson, that Paul Rugg never got to play that character. Why, you ask?
Try and listen to that and not think of Marvin's voice. I think that he could very well have outhammed Frank Oz in that role. And that's really saying something to say someone could out ham him!

Sal Manila, and by extension Johnny Fiama- They certainly can have Johnny without Sal. But as every Muppet Action Figure collector can tell you, it's just not the same.

Dr. Strangepork- they have him, he's been recast... it's time to make some Pigs in Space shorts!

Clueless Morgan- I'm glad they found a place for him and Polly in MT. And that was generous.

Constantine- I miss him already. He needs to join the cast somehow.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Characters I most want to see return are Louis Kazagger, Fleet Scribbler, Seymour, Gaffer, Doglion, Timmy, Mean Mama, Gorgon Heap, and most of the Jim Henson Hour characters, most importantly Digit, Leon, Lindbergh, and maybe Vicki, Waldo, Flash, Beard, and the Solid Foam Drummer. In fact we should probably add Bean and Clifford to the list (it hasn't exactly been ten years since we last saw them in a new production, but we're getting close).

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Characters I most want to see return are Louis Kazagger, Fleet Scribbler, Seymour, Gaffer, Doglion, Timmy, Mean Mama, Gorgon Heap, and most of the Jim Henson Hour characters, most importantly Digit, Leon, Lindbergh, and maybe Vicki, Waldo, Flash, Beard, and the Solid Foam Drummer. In fact we should probably add Bean and Clifford to the list (it hasn't exactly been ten years since we last saw them in a new production, but we're getting close).
I wonder why Bean never stuck around, one could argue that Steve had to much responsibility when he took over Kermit but Eric took over Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Animal. Was Bean just too cute to continue alongside the Muppets? it's a shame they didn't use him more during MT, I know Bean was never a big player but I'm surprised he didn't reach the ranks of Lew Zealand, Link Hogthrob and Crazy Harry.

If I'm correct his last speaking role was MCC?