Before I Forget...

Puckrox

Reaction score
My friend in Portland sent me a personal review of a place there called Voodoo Donuts. I'm jealous.
As a Portlandian, let me tell you, Voodoo Donuts is the best. Anyone who stops by Portland, make sure to snag one! They're delicious!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I read about that. What it ultimately accomplishes is a tax dodge for BK to move its location to Canada to take advantage of loopholes. It's a cynical and gluttonous corporate move. I'm not going back into that rant, but really...:rolleyes: Maybe if you guys stop buying lobbyists and use that exact money to comply with regulations, you won't go through a crapload of money to save the same crapload of money.

Though, if it does mean actual expansion of Tim Horton's, it's not a total loss. There were always plans, but it's a heck of a market to get into. When Krispy Kreme expanded to New England, it lasted barely a year because of the oversaturation of Dunkin Donuts to begin with. Whatever you can say about Starbucks goes quintuple for DD's. There's at least 4 in every town. More than that in cities. And that doesn't count ones in subway stations! They clobbered KK! I don't see TH's doing business in New England, even though there were a couple in Maine. Only time I ever got to one was in Maine somewhere.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
We have five Dunkin' Donuts in my town of about 28,000 here in CT compared to only two Starbucks. I do remember Krispy Kreme being a giant deal when it opened around here, with news stories about hour-long lines and stuff, but then it quickly closed down after about two years. However, Krispy Kreme appears to be doing quite well in the fundraising avenue, since in my four years at UConn it seemed like every campus group needing to raise money would sell their donuts. Lots of high-calorie breakfasts and snacks when I had some cash to burn, lol.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I don't get why Thanksgiving is a diffrent month here, I just don't get it (someone please explain it to me)
Well the idea of Thanksgiving is older than the actual holiday. Several cultures have celebrated it you see, and since it's the arrival of Pilgrims (later called Puritans) in America for here in America it would be a different time in Canada.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Though, if it does mean actual expansion of Tim Horton's, it's not a total loss. There were always plans, but it's a heck of a market to get into. When Krispy Kreme expanded to New England, it lasted barely a year because of the oversaturation of Dunkin Donuts to begin with. Whatever you can say about Starbucks goes quintuple for DD's. There's at least 4 in every town. More than that in cities. And that doesn't count ones in subway stations! They clobbered KK! I don't see TH's doing business in New England, even though there were a couple in Maine. Only time I ever got to one was in Maine somewhere.
I don't see Timmy's working out very well in Japan, either, due to Mister Donut and their pon de rings dominating the market there.