Oscar the Grouch and the Muppet Show

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I feel like Cookie Monster :insatiable: would get along quite nicely with Animal :halo: even though they had the same voice at one point or another. Beauregard :oops: and Telly Monster sure would make a great combo since they're both clumsy and act alike. Sweetums :grr: and Frazzle sure would be something. As far as Grover :super: goes, I see him interacting with Gonzo :concern:. I feel like Bunsen :confused: and Beaker :eek: would get along with Ernie :stick_out_tongue: and Bert :frown:. Dr. Teeth :big_grin: would get along with the Count :batty:.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
In Muppet Family Christmas, Animal says of Cookie Monster- "That my kinda fella!" (After Cookie Monster demolishes and devours Janice's Christmas cookies). So yes, Cookie Monster and Animal seem to get along well.:insatiable::halo:
Grover and Robin seemed to develop a friendship as well, seeing as Robin gave Grover a Christmas present with the Fraggle pebble (which is also a remote connection between Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock- though the Sesame Street gang have also interacted with the Fraggles some in The Muppets 30th. Anniversary special and Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson special.
Oscar seemed quite happy to let Rizzo room in his trash can, so that seems like a good pairing too.:grouchy::shifty:
Maybe Grundgetta could keep her own with Miss Piggy. (But to be fair to Piggy, it's not like she's mean and angry all the time.) She had some funny interactions with Big Bird when he guest starred on The Muppet Show. (And of course, there was the whole Gonzo and Big Bird thing...):wisdom::mad::concern:
It'd be great to see a huge concert with the various Muppet Show and Sesame Street acts- Geri and The Atrics, the Gogolala Jubilee Jugband, Lubbock Lou and his Jughugger Band, and The Electric Mayhem playing together with Little Jerry and The Monotones and Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats and How Now Brown and the Moo Wave and of course, The Beetles.:smile:

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
She had some funny interactions with Big Bird when he guest starred on The Muppet Show. (And of course, there was the whole Gonzo and Big Bird thing...):wisdom::mad::concern:
Now that you're talking about the whole Big Bird and Gonzo thing, that leads me to a question: Is Big Bird a boy or a girl? ( Sorry about the off-topic remark.)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Big Bird is a boy. Apparently, Gonzo either didn't realize that or didn't care.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Maybe he was counting his chickens before they hatched.:wisdom::concern::cluck:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I agree Oscar with the Muppets has a lot of great potential, especially paired with Statler and Waldorf.

or as a Vets Hospital sketch

Janice: what seems to be the problem, Doctor Bob?
Doctor Bob: this patient is a piece of trash
Piggy: was he rude to you?
Doctor Bob: no literally, he's in a trash can!
(pulls off sheet to reveal Oscar in his trash can
(laughter)
Piggy: What do you recommend? should we call a surgeon?
Janice: or a Garbage man?
Doctor Bob: neither? we should call the Human Resources department
Piggy: whys that?
Doctor Bob: cuz it looks like he's been canned!
(laughter)
Oscar: and I thought the big yellow turkey was annoying