Dr. Teeth Vs. Sgt. Floyd Pepper: Who is the Electric Mayhem's True Frontman?

Who is the Electric Mayhem's True Leader?

• Dr. Teeth

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Floyd Pepper

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Neither; every member of the band has equal say in what they do

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I've debated this myself A LOT. The band is often called "Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem," but Floyd seems to do more for the band than Dr. Teeth; he is the band's spokesperson in many instances, such as the Don Knotts episode, and takes on many of the band's responsibilities, such keeping Animal on a leash (or rather chain:halo:) , both literally and metaphorically. So I think Floyd is the true leader.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't know if the band has one real leader, though it seems like Floyd is closer to the band's manager if anything else, especially because he watches over Animal. But I'm sure the band makes their decisions equally, with everyone getting their voice in there (even if some voices are louder than others :halo:).

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Floyd does speak more and do more for the band than Dr. Teeth did. But yet, the band IS called "Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem." And in another instance, Animal could also be considered the frontman for the Mayhem because he seems to be much more popular than any of the other band members combined. But, despite these thoughts, I truly do believe that all of the members do have equal say in what they do.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth is running away with the lead:big_grin: . I guess both Floyd and Teeth could be the leader; a lot of people think of Paul and John running the Beatles together. Still, it wasn't called "John Lennon and the Beatles," so Dr. Teeth putting his name in the band's name shows he at least thinks of himself as the leader.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
A frontman isn't so much the leader of a band as he is the one who's the most in-your-face and showy. Someone who commands the stage.

So, if we are talking frontman in that point of view, Animal. If we are talking about who the actual leader/manager/person who is in charge of the band, probably Floyd.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
A frontman isn't so much the leader of a band as he is the one who's the most in-your-face and showy. Someone who commands the stage.

So, if we are talking frontman in that point of view, Animal. If we are talking about who the actual leader/manager/person who is in charge of the band, probably Floyd.
I'm talking more about who calls the shots for the band than who stands out the most. For example, Keith Moon (whom Animal is partially based on) stood out the most BY FAR compared with other members of "The Who" due to his crazy antics, but Pete Townsend was the leader and manager in the traditional sense.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'd have to say that Dr. Teeth is the leader onstage during their musical numbers, but in terms of business and management, Floyd Pepper is the one who does the most. The Muppet writers probably decided on this since Kermit and Dr. Teeth couldn't really talk to one another in the same scene (puppeteering-related issues); so they had Floyd talking to Kermit on behalf of the band.

So I think that Dr. Teeth and Floyd have an equal share of leadership duties.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The fact is, because of his difficult long arms, Dr. Teeth could not be used as often as the others, resulting in him very rarely having any prominence backstage, and appearing only with the bands prior to some rare exceptions. Furthermore, Floyd Pepper did not have that problem, and he became far more prominent backstage and onstage, singing tons of numbers. While Dr. Teeth is obviously the leader, Floyd does seem to do a lot more, it seems like Floyd is more of the leader, but it is not Dr. Teeth's fault since of the issue with him. So, I feel Floyd is more of a true leader, but at the end of the day it is Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, not Sgt. Floyd Pepper and the Electric Mayhem.

los

Reaction score
It's like David Lee Roth and Van Halen except the Dr and Floyd get along. :big_grin: :sing:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Janice is also sometimes do the leading vocals, making her the lead woman.

But at the end of the day, it's all about the music baby,:big_grin::sing::flirt::halo::cool: