Boston
U2
Ted nugent
Kiss
Deep purple
Led Zeppelin
Judas Priest

What do you think?
Woah, you like the Winery Dogs, too? Have you seen them live?

What Rainbow era do you like best? Mine is the original Ronnie James Dio years.

Sorry for the double post.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
What Rainbow era do you like best? Mine is the original Ronnie James Dio years.
Rainbow was so mediocre after Dio left. Graham Bonnett wasn't there long enough to make an impact, and then Joe Lynn Turner was nothing special. Plus losing Cozy Powell really hurt the band too, since he was such a good drummer.

Anyway, here are some of my favorites (it's so hard to narrow them down, I have loads of other artists and bands I love not listed here):

Bands:
Chicago (1968-1980)
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Deep Purple (1968-1976)
Family
Fleetwood Mac
Led Zeppelin
Sly And The Family Stone
Squeeze
The Beatles
The Byrds
The Doors
The Guess Who
The Rolling Stones
Yes (1968-1980)

Solo artists:
Al Kooper
Bob Dylan
David Bowie
Elton John
Isaac Hayes
Jimi Hendrix
Neil Young
Stevie Wonder

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Rainbow was so mediocre after Dio left. Graham Bonnett wasn't there long enough to make an impact, and then Joe Lynn Turner was nothing special. Plus losing Cozy Powell really hurt the band too, since he was such a good drummer.
I think after Dio left they wanted to have a more commercial sound. If you compare "Long Live Rock And Roll" to "Since You Been Gone", you can really tell the difference in the sound that they wanted to achieve. (And it was only a year's difference!)

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think after Dio left they wanted to have a more commercial sound. If you compare "Long Live Rock And Roll" to "Since You Been Gone", you can really tell the difference in the sound that they wanted to achieve. (And it was only a year's difference!)
Yeah, I think they were chasing after the audience that Boston and Foreigner were bringing in around the time. It sort of worked out for them, but not enough for Blackmore to resist the Deep Purple reunion cash cow a few years later, which wasn't great, but at least allowed Ian Gillian to get off the sinking Black Sabbath ship.

DePingPong

Reaction score
That is really cool! Billy is an insane bassist, the venue I saw him at only sat around 150 people, so I was really close to him. He was doing some pretty crazy stuff!

Wow, I didn't realize that. To be honest, he was never a great singer. Though he doesn't need to be with the guitar playing he does.

I saw part of the Big 4 on VH1. I didn't know he re-dubbed his vocals. (But what band hasn't?)

He's not the best singer, but his vocals are unique and fit very well with Megadeth. Personally, I think Megadeth is the best of the Big 4

DePingPong

Reaction score
I really wish Dio was alive. He was such a great person, he had such a big heart. He fought a good a fight. I'm happy his spirit still lives on in his music.