Sesame Street Classic episodes now streaming on Netflix

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Much as Dr.Tooth said earlier, while streaming can be a great thing- and it is really cool to see classic Sesame Street episodes on both iTunes and now Netflix- I'm also glad to own classic episodes on DVD via the "Old School" releases. Sometimes it's nice to have something permanent that you know you can watch whenever you want to pull it out.:super:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Streaming can be great, but copyrights and licenses still manage to louse everything up. Almost every Transformers cartoon (released by Shout) is up on there, but there's no Transformers The Movie. With the last DVD woefully out of print, and essential viewing to "get" the last 2 seasons, you'd think something would be done about it. Is Sony still sitting on the movie's license or something? You think they would have released it because that fourth movie came out and it is an anniversary season.

Anyway, glad to hear that Sesame Street is just a technical thing (unless they're straight up lying). They have nothing to gain by completely pulling the license... unless they were to get more money somewhere to be "exclusive."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And Sesame Street is back on Netflix. Including both volumes of Sesame Street Classics.

Play with Me Sesame is on Netflix now as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't had time to watch thee Play with Me Sesame episodes yet. I wonder if they are the first 24 episodes made/broadcast, or a random order of episodes.* I wonder if they are the Noggin versions or Sproud versions (I've read that the Sprout broadcasts replaced the segments where Prairie Dawn showcased art sent in by viewers).

*The only way I can think of to determine if it's the first 24 broadcast episodes (as Muppet Wiki doesn't have episode pages) is to look at the "My Week with Play with me Sesame" articles at Tough Pigs, which reviewed the first week of shows, and see if every segment mentioned in each episode review appears in each corresponding episode on Netflix.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well I watched the first two episodes of Play with Me Sesame on Netflix. Not sure if they are really the first two episodes, but they are copyrighted 2002, when the show began. And I haven't seen the Prairie Dawn art segment, so I'm guessing they're cut from these (or they're the Sprout versions).

So surprised that the credits don't have a special copyright credit for Kermit the Frog, who appears in material in both of the first two episodes.

Noticed that the credits mention that Sesame Street segments were produced for public broadcasting (is this credit in the DVD releases? Can't really remember, but looks kinda familiar... In fact I think this credit also appeared in the 1999 Sesame Street Unpaved special). Was this credit legally neccessary? After all, they didn't put this credit in any of the network anniversary specials, or on any of the video releases.

I wonder if any of these episodes has the Mahna Mahna clip, if that has been edited from Netflix or not. I've also read that at least one episode has a Dr. Nobel Price segment (I think the rabbit one), I wonder if that episode's included on Netflix.