Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TMM had his whole introduction scene, GMC he was playing an investigative reporter, MTM he had that part at the end of the film backstage with the polar bear joke, MCC he had his one scene of comedy, MTI and MFS changed his character to a mentally challanged comedy relief, and TM'11 had that scene where he is doing a comedy act, yet not once in MMW does he have anything to do with comedy, and there is no excuse like he is playing a different character or that the writer does not know Fozzie's character,
I saw an interview with either the director or writer where they commented on Fozzie being stupid. But outside of the 1990s, Fozzie usually isn't stupid, or at least not that stupid. I'd say he's at least a little smarter here than in MCT, MTI, and MFS. Though it seems the Muppets in general are kind of portrayed as stupid here. Or maybe just a bit too naiive (though they have been naiive in other productions as well).

Back on the subject of whether the others know Kermit and Constantine look similar and such, at the wedding scene, everybody is surprised that there are two Kermit's, but once Constantine rubs the make-up off from over his mole, everyone is in shock, like they know he's Constantine and were not expecting this other Kermit to be him.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is inappropriate, but I didn't know until Rachel pointed it out in her review that Constantine has chest hair in I'll Get You What You Want. I thought it was a tattoo. Did anyone else notice that?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is inappropriate, but I didn't know until Rachel pointed it out in her review that Constantine has chest hair in I'll Get You What You Want. I thought it was a tattoo. Did anyone else notice that?
Yeah that's part of the whole disco joke.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I did not notice it at all until I watched the review, maybe it is only clear on the Blu-Ray, if you like me did only get the single disc instead.

Luke kun

Reaction score
I saw it when it came out. It was so much better than TM, but didn't have an award bait song (with the exception of Something So Right). My favorite part was when Miss Piggy was dancing with Constantine in the style of Saturday Night Fever, and when Miss Piggy was gonna get married to Constantine. She sings Something So Right with Celine Dion of all people, and the entirety of the wedding sequence! When will Kermit and Miss Piggy ever get married? :mad:

BTW, there is a song I just heard on MC Radio that contains the lyrics "me gusta". It's called "No Me Gusta", but I cannot stop thinking of the ME GUSTA face. :laugh:

Grifoshka

Reaction score
Finally saw it (there wasn't a theatrical release in my country) and I loved it. It's funny and cute and doesn't have those boring moments where the film stands still. Things I can highlight after the first viewing:
- Awesome opening number. I loved the song, and it really sets the tone for the film: lively, goofy and somewhat self-deprecating - true Muppet style.
- A bit expanded roles for Scooter and Rowlf. (That's just me as a fan of Scooter and Rowlf - I love seeing these guys). Of course, there's also a decent role for Sam and a nod to Rizzo and Robin, both of them making me laugh so hard. Those, and the appearance of Bobby Benson's Baby Band! Didn't expect THEM, for sure.
- Songs, upbeat and catchy.
- Jokes and gags, that's self-explanatory, I guess.:big_grin:

As a Russian, I also got a giggle from the Russian stereotypes and writings that sometimes make little sense, but all is well as long as it's funny.:smile:

Something I didn't like that much:
- The Muppet gang doesn't get enough action. That's always the problem with the movies with a lot of characters, and that always bothers me, so it might be just my problem. But they gave more screentime and lines to Rowlf, Bunsen, Janice, Floyd, Beauregard, Lew Zealand and I'm glad they did, so I won't whine about it.
-The closing number, though enjoyable, in my opinion loses to the opening number and to both opening and ending of TM2011. Can't say I didn't like it, though.

About ranking this movie... I can't really do it right away. Maybe I'll have to watch it at least one more time. I still think it would be pretty high on the list, this movie is a lot of fun.

Slackbot

Reaction score
There wasn't a theatrical release in Russia? I wondered why...for about 0.03 of a second. Then, oh yeah...

Out of curiosity, which Russian stereotypes didn't make sense and which did? And what were the Gulag inmates singing during their verse of Together Again Again? I showed transcribed lyrics to friends who have studied Russian, but they came back with word salad.

Grifoshka

Reaction score
There wasn't a theatrical release in Russia? I wondered why...for about 0.03 of a second. Then, oh yeah...

Out of curiosity, which Russian stereotypes didn't make sense and which did? And what were the Gulag inmates singing during their verse of Together Again Again? I showed transcribed lyrics to friends who have studied Russian, but they came back with word salad.
I still think the main reason for canceling the release is that TM2011 didn't do well at the box office... but I don't really care.
About making sense, I meant the writings. For example, the sign in the background in the closing number said "Smile differently", and I'm still thinking about what that meant. As for stereotypes... there's nothing new about that, it's hard to talk about "sense" here, though Constantine yelling "Kremlin!" and "Putin!" was just plain silly. :smile:

The inmates sing something like that:
And once again we're together,
There's so much joy that our hearts sing, sing