Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4502 - Bert's Training Wheels

Drtooth

Reaction score
Face palms... Frame rate and editing Software. DUH! I shoulda known.

Yeah. It's weird that it looks that way on television. Anyone with a higher quality television have that problem? Seems that when there's more CGI usage in the show, the flickeriness and grain make the problem worse. It give it such an off look, and it's completely unintentional.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Honestly I was excited to see Ernie performed by Steve but I can understand hes being performed by someone else, and if that means more Bert and Ernie then hey im willing to try it

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Heads up - Ernie's not being performed by Steve in this episode.
I thought the voice sounded different. I didn't want to say anything because I know we were moving away from the issue on AGT a few years back. But now that it's out in the open, I wonder about that. Was it John Tartiagola or Artie Esposito or someone else entirely performing him? Do we know that?

I have mixed feelings about that. Like someone said, a case like this may give Ernie some more airtime if Steve's not available. But I'm hoping this isn't a permanent thing. I don't know.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I've heard Billy's Ernie in the SSL shows, so I was already aware of his Ernie. I'm upset that Steve's not Ernie anymore, but if it means more Ernie on the show I'll live with it. The episode was pretty good. Ernie telling Bert about the pigeons and paper clips was nice. Power of Yet is super catchy. The Word of the Day was funny. The new MHALL was good. The Let's Go Driving cover was cool. I didn't see Big Kid Too when it originally aired. It was catchy. I love when Elmo harmonizes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's too early to say that Steve will never perform Ernie again, and any reason given is speculation and nothing more. Just remember, Frank still manages to pop up from time to time, while recasting his characters freed them up to appear more times than in previous seasons. Without his characters, it truly would be a show that had to focus on Elmo, Zoe, Telly and Baby Bear. It's a mixed blessing at best.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It's too early to say that Steve will never perform Ernie again, and any reason given is speculation and nothing more. Just remember, Frank still manages to pop up from time to time, while recasting his characters freed them up to appear more times than in previous seasons. Without his characters, it truly would be a show that had to focus on Elmo, Zoe, Telly and baby Bear. It's a mixed blessing at best.
Agreed.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's too early to say that Steve will never perform Ernie again, and any reason given is speculation and nothing more
Good thoughts, Tooth. I think he may mainly be an understudy like Matt Vogel is for Carroll Spinney or Eric is for Frank (well, I guess Eric is more than an understudy since he performs Frank's characters more often than not, but you know what I mean.) I felt a little better about this when I read Antsam's post about Billy Whatshisname performing :stick_out_tongue: in SSL productions, so it's good to know this isn't the first time. We'll just have to wait and see who performs him in future appearances.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Only got to see part of this episode a few minutes ago (since Tuesday's my busiest day of the week now). Looks like I was right in my prediction on the previous thread, and yeah, it definitely looks like Ernie's voice was dubbed after the fact. They probably intended for Steve to dub it later, and I guess he was too busy with all the Muppet appearances in the past year that they had Billy Barkhurst dub Ernie for this and I presume the dance video episode.

It's most likely an isolated thing like John Tartaglia performing Ernie in Play with Me Sesame for one season, so I don't think people should be jumping ahead and saying that Steve's been replaced. I'm sure he'll be back.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just to be sure, is tomorrow's episode a rerun of this? That's what my schedule says.