The Doctor Who Thread

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Since no one brought up the 50th Anniversary now that's it's been a week, I'll start up.

I saw it in the local cinema with my boyfriend in 3D, which isn't exactly great for someone with glasses, but what could I do? (my ears ached from the pressure afterwards)

Anyway, I really enjoyed it! Very funny, touching, lots of great references (as Moffat does) and a lot of wonderful moments! To say more would be spoilers. :wink: A few flaws but otherwise uplifting.

Also, if you have not seen the other specials, An Adventure in Time and Space and The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot, I highly recommend you do because they are fantastic!

Teheheman

Reaction score
I REALLY should try to get into this show. My buddy is Whovillian all the way(He has cosplayed as one of the Doctors, and dedicated the first episode of his blogtalk radio show to Doctor Who) but the only reason I haven't gotten into it yet is because I wanna watch the first episode of a show before I get into it and since the show is 50 years old, I'm not sure I'd wanna watch that many at one time you know what I mean? I saw that it's on Hulu, so I might try to watch it but I did watch PART of an episode, and it looked good, so I might start watching from the beginning.

Daniel

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
*Brushes dust off of thread*​

Alright, folks, sit yerselves down. We's gonna have a dee-scussion 'bout yer thoughts on the Twelfth Doctor.

*Ahem* Sorry. I've been watching too much Beverly Hillbillies.

Anyway, my thoughts are: so far, so good. I really liked how his first semi-lucid act was deciding the best way to exit a house is through a second story window.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I love the Twelfth Doctor. He's the edgiest Doctor I've seen and I love the episodes I've seen of him. I will say he can get a little rough (I'm not a big fan of his negativity in "Robot of Sherwood"), but he is certainly a great Doctor! Expecting to see a lot of good stuff from him, ready to see what's coming next.

P.S., love "Listen," best episode since "Blink" (I think).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm really suprised that nobody has posted anything on this thread for almost a year. (note major spoilers ahead if you have not finished the 8th season) So much has happened since then, Clara leaving twice, the christmas special ,the return of The Master,the death of Danny Pink/Osgood, all this news about series 9,which is due to come out next month. Also there have been some rumors about Steven Moffat leaving.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Capaldi's a pretty good Doctor, I guess. It took me a while to get used to him but I think he's really taken off since around "Mummy on the Orient Express"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Capaldi's a pretty good Doctor, I guess. It took me a while to get used to him but I think he's really taken off since around "Mummy on the Orient Express"
Hm, interesting. It seems the post I was replying to was deleted.

Anyway, am I the only Doctor Who fan currently on this forum??!!?!?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I really wish we could get Moffat to leave...pity that Matt and Peter have had to slog through so many badly written eps, story arcs that never really resolved, etc. Curious to see what (who?) enters next.