Muppetlab Gonzo Replica

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
Sorry it has been way too long. I have been working here in Hollywood on a new show for Disney so puppet building was put aside abit. Also with the addition of our new born son time is a premium. anyway I was searching for fur for MY Gonzo based on Muppetlab's recommendation and I came across a beautiful fur that is from Swincraft 2. They had a similar curly fur that was not exactly royal blue. Its a slightly muted tone which i love. it too has stretch to it and it has a random light curl to the fur that I would have had to boil into it. Yay! I finally found something to settle on that I am happy with and where did it come from? England. It is not cheap but honestly it will take this puppet to the next level. I will post picks as I have them. I am jazzed up to start this build and to put everything I learned from BJ's class into Gonzo so he will have that "Cadilac" Muppet feel.

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
Oh and Swincraft 2 ships to the US...obviously. The only thing is they charged me like 18 pounds for it. Seems steep for a small bag of fabric but I am still thrilled with what I just got from them. I ordered the one meter size through their ebay store and it is plenty big enough to get a Gonzo out of it.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Yea i saw the one you mentioned.. It is a great colour and if i ever made another one, i would go for that to. Unfortunatly didnt see that one until after i ordered mine :frown:

Looking forward to seeing yours :smile: