Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh, I caught "Kremlin" and Putin." I figured they wanted to Russify his karate yells.

"Smile differently"? Wow. I don't know what that would mean. Maybe it's an in-joke or something.

Thanks for the translation. What my friends came up with was nothing like that, but then they were working from a phonetic transcription. Possibly if it was written in the Russian alphabet they might have been able to figure it out.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I still think the main reason for canceling the release is that TM2011 didn't do well at the box office... but I don't really care.
About making sense, I meant the writings. For example, the sign in the background in the closing number said "Smile differently", and I'm still thinking about what that meant. As for stereotypes... there's nothing new about that, it's hard to talk about "sense" here, though Constantine yelling "Kremlin!" and "Putin!" was just plain silly. :smile:

The inmates sing something like that:
And once again we're together,
There's so much joy that our hearts sing, sing
Actually TM'11 did very good at the box office making $165 million worldwide againist its $45 million budget.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Oh, I meant in Russia.
If you don't mind me asking, how do most American films fare in Russia? What types of films do well? Which big movies don't get shown? :confused: I find the trends in different countries to be very interesting. :search:

I know that Fraggle Rock was the first American television show to air over there and that's kind of amazing. :excited:

Grifoshka

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how do most American films fare in Russia? What types of films do well? Which big movies don't get shown? :confused: I find the trends in different countries to be very interesting. :search:

I know that Fraggle Rock was the first American television show to air over there and that's kind of amazing. :excited:
I'm not that well-informed about cinema, but as far as I know, American films always do well here.:smile: Animated films, comedies, dramas, action films, all of them. Some do better, some do worse, like everywhere else. There are probably some movies that didn't get shown, but I don't know anything about them. And the Muppets, unfortunately, aren't that popular in Russia. They aired only the first season of The Muppet Show and the first season of Fraggle Rock in 1990 (as Wikipedia tells me; I wasn't around then) and Sesame Street from 1996 to 2008. So there you have it: a lot of people know about Sesame Street, less people know about TMS: there are a number of fans, but others just have blurry memories and nostalgia about it. The Muppets are loved here, they just don't get enough love. :fanatic:

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
Here's all the people seen on the Wall in the Gulag:

Also, here's the dedication to Jane Henson and Jerry Nelson. There's also the credit to Sesame Workshop for the Reporter Kermit bit.
BTW the wall:Whose shoes are next to Lew and over Miss poogy?He wears a coat,but you can see Bunsen and beaker is over him:You can see his hands.So,who is that?And who is that over link??

Grifoshka

Reaction score
BTW the wall:Whose shoes are next to Lew and over Miss poogy?He wears a coat,but you can see Bunsen and beaker is over him:You can see his hands.So,who is that?And who is that over link??
My guess is they are Swedish Chef and Crazy Harry, respectively.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I just saw the movie for the first time the other night. I thought it was alright. Had some fun moments, and the songs were really good, probably my favorite part of the whole film. The human stars didn't totally steal the show either, which was nice. The story seemed a bit jumbled though. I will say, this is the first time I've ever been actually afraid for the safety of the characters when (spoilers): Constantine threatens to blow up the church In a way, I found myself frustrated with how long it took for other characters to notice Kermit was not Kermit. I would have thought they'd know Kermit a bit better than that. (I mean come on, Constantine's impression wasn't all that great haha). Overall it was an alright film. Can't wait for another one. :smile:
Just my two cents.