Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

mr3urious

Reaction score
Fofao is a pretty impressively-made creature, I have to admit, and certainly way better than much of Vila Sesamo's characters. He just suffers from being hideously designed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Most of the other puppets on this list are creepy by being cheaply slapped together. I cannot say the same for that guy. He's too well made, and Uncanney Valley is the reason why he looks creepy. He looks like a real human with... uh... whatever the Elephant Man had, I guess? I guess Brazil likes ugly puppets or something.

I remember some Portuguese language show with puppets doing a parody news show of some sort (their version of Telechat, but with human puppets) someone made me watch that made it hard to sleep that night. They were more cartoonish, but suffered greatly from Uncanney Valley.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow... just... just Wow... 2 oven mitts talk about not knowing what a sandwich is.

Words escape me. And what's with that verbal tic of going "whachahatcha?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Really, Size Small.... really...

Glad to see they had a puppet budget of "Let's rip socks off of people on the street and glue felt to them."

mr3urious

Reaction score
That Christian show on the AV Club article about the Smile of a Child network where the host rips the hearts out of puppets to see what's inside is pretty morbid, but the puppets themselves don't look half bad, certainly a lot better than other examples there.