2015 Popeye Movie

mr3urious

Reaction score
Even if this movie's bad, there's still...ugh... Popeye and Son.
I saw one annotated episode of P&S, and you're right about it. It could have been made with a generic family and it wouldn't make a difference. Plus, there's that stock gang of kids trope that was endemic in the '80s. It also suffered poor DVD sales, which is no surprise there.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw one annotated episode of P&S, and you're right about it. It could have been made with a generic family and it wouldn't make a difference. Plus, there's that stock gang of kids trope that was endemic in the '80s. It also suffered poor DVD sales, which is no surprise there.
The funny thing is, the fact that Bluto ends up with a fat wife seems eerily predicted by the horrible cartoon "Weight for Me." The one where Olive gains weight, and Bluto is really into her more than ever before. Turns out, he had a fat fetish all along, making it strange that he was chasing ropey Olive this whole time.

That's the ONLY thing interesting about Popeye and Son. It made a weird, random character call back, no matter how unintentionally it was.