The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Drtooth

Reaction score
It looks like a crude parody of something, but it isn't. Even that Wizard of Oz thing looked like a legit movie compared to this thing. It almost seems like someone pitched a Crayola movie (as a (Follow the Leader of Lego) to...well, that company and they rejected. It barely would stand as the plot of a preschool kid's series. Foodfight may be a crude, horrible, parody of Casablanca, but even then... that's something. These guys basically made a bad 1980's style cartoon as a movie.

Though the animation is slightly better than FF... but that's like saying burps are less disgusting than farts. I wonder where this piece is going to get dumped. No way is this theatrical.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Dear...freaking...mother...of...Glob.... Not only did I find one that's absolutely disgusting, but it looks to be even worse than Foodfight!!!

http://heroofcolorcity.bumblebee.com/characters.html

This is a thing. This exists. You cannot now imagine this never existed and go about your normal life. And it's basically a commercial for freaking Bumblebee Tuna. Yep, the Bumblebee Tuna Bee is a main character in the movie for no apparent reason. On the plus side, now Michael Bay can safely say he doesn't have the worst films with a character named Bumblebee in it.

And how freaking far off the ladder did some of these guys fall to have to resort to voicing this piece of crap? Worst of all, it even has some decent voice actors slumming... Jess Harnell and David Kaye (voice of Megatron on the Beast era series and Unicron Trilogy, as well as Optimus in TFA)... jeez. This doesn't even deserve the dub cast of Garsey's Wing!
Oh my god i did not know it would be another product placement the movie!

Luke kun

Reaction score
You guys saw Turbo, right? Do you remember the blue orb thing that appears in the film? Here's a picture:

Is that a heart, or what? (inb4 arguing over what Yume is)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yep. It's a heart. Snails don't actually have hearts, but they also don't talk, especially with celebrity voices. Turbo is not a bad little movie, just a really stupid concept. But the visuals are quite beautiful, and the voice actor cast has more fun than they need to, making the film much better than it needed to be. Just sayin,' though... the Netflix cartoon is a hundred times better.

As for that crayon movie I mentioned? Anyone else do an epic face palm during that labored crayon pun? "We have to stay inside the shore lines." Inside the lines? Get it? Yeah... even Foodfight had better puns than that.:shifty:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yep. It's a heart. Snails don't actually have hearts, but they also don't talk, especially with celebrity voices. Turbo is not a bad little movie, just a really stupid concept. But the visuals are quite beautiful, and the voice actor cast has more fun than they need to, making the film much better than it needed to be. Just sayin,' though... the Netflix cartoon is a hundred times better.
I have no interest in the movie, but I recently watched Turbo FAST and I enjoyed it, too. I loved that creepy Mark Hamill-voiced former mentor of one of the snails that appeared in the latest episode.

As for that crayon movie I mentioned? Anyone else do an epic face palm during that labored crayon pun? "We have to stay inside the shore lines." Inside the lines? Get it? Yeah... even Foodfight had better puns than that.:shifty:
Even DiC cartoons had better puns, and that's saying a lot. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have no interest in the movie, but I recently watched Turbo FAST and I enjoyed it, too. I loved that creepy Mark Hamill-voiced former mentor of one of the snails that appeared in the latest episode.
The cartoon manages to take the concept to better levels than the movie ever could. Especially since this one seems to have him competing against other animals and insects in different sports and different kinds of races. It also helps define characters that didn't have too much going for them in the first place. Skidmark has that conspiracy nut/crazy thing going for him that wasn't in the movie. Not to mention how much better the writing is.

The episode where David Willis plays a younger, G-rated version of Carl from ATHF as a toad is one I recommend. Also the one about the cicadas from the 90's.

I always felt there were some cartoons that were better than the movies they were based of of (Men In Black had better concepts that neither sequel explored), but FAST is so incredibly superior to the movie it was based on, it gives the characters a new leash on animated life.

Even DiC cartoons had better puns, and that's saying a lot. :rolleyes:
With that movie in particular, I'm expecting a lot of bad color based puns. But there's something about that particular line. It's not even lazy, it's like someone fought hard to make a joke about that, building a whole scene around it, and trying to make it work. Like trying to push an overfed cow into mouse hole. Someone pounded their fist on the table and said "we need to make a color inside the lines joke, because it's about crayons and we kinda have to. We need some sort of scene where they're somehow inbetween something and have to stay inside that path, because that's the only way to fit it in." Someone struggled to make that joke and struggled even harder to try and get it to work. I got exhausted just hearing that one.

Somehow, that should have been a sign there shouldn't be a movie about freakin' talking crayons. Especially since a not too good preschool series would make more sense.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Some genius did a YTP of The Little Panda Fighter and added clips of another movie by the same company. I present to you..."The Little Panda Bee".

And that blue heart thing I showed you is named Yume...not officially, but by the fans.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Color City movie is going to stay DTV, as it should. There's no point thrusting this crap into theaters, as the CGI boom has died down recently.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Anyone have any hope for the penguins spin off movie? I really do not see an apparent plot in the trailer, but I really hope it turns out great.