Jim Henson turns 78

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
The genius that started it all: Jim Henson. Jim Henson is one of the best people of all time, and, today, he turns 78. Congratulations, Jim! He'll be looking down on me, also, when I celebrate him on his 100th birthday. Feel free to share memories of him if you have met him, feel free to show me your favorite Jim Henson moment. Whatever you want to do to celebrate the occasion, do it on this thread. He'll be looking down at us, thinking that we've been doing a job.

theSHE124

Reaction score
HAPPY FROG DAY!!! :smile::smile::smile: I celebrate Jim's birthday by spreading awareness to amphibians. Post as much Kermit-smilies for loving frogs & toads & etc.!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Jim. I hope your having a great party up there with all your friends. Your still so greatly missed.

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
My birthday is also today, and I can't get over the fact that I share a birthday with such a great man (make that two for Steve Whitmire!). He still severely missed and I love everything to do with his work. As for my favorite Jim Henson moment.....I'd have to say whenever he would get in front of the camera (and not under a puppet) and talk about his creation, just to see how he was so passionate about it. Either that or all of his characters both well known and hardly known at all. Happy Birthday Jim Henson! We still miss you very dearly!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
:smile::smile::smile:

Ahem! Sorry about the Kermit smileys but they do turn my frown to a smile. So, it's Frog Day, eh? I been waiting for this day to come (not to mention being impatient about it). I do miss Jim, but maybe someday I will watch his movies and stuff if I am not busy with school or work. :sigh:

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
R.I.P. Jim Henson. You will be missed. :frown:

I can do as much frog smilies than anybody in the universe! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I also like when Jim is on screen, not with a puppet. I like The Muppets on Puppets and Henson's Place. What can I say?

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
Wherever you are, Jim, I hope you fully understand how the world misses your magic and touch on our lives. Even though I'm still quite young, watching your works and contributions to our celebrity-driven mass media is refreshing, and makes me feel young again. Your legacy still lives on in our hearts, and as long as the Muppets are how you envisioned them, it's like you really never left. Happy Birthday, Jim!