The 'what movie did you last watch thread'

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It's not so much that they came in later, as much as they come in later, disappear and come back even later then... well... The Turtles should have been in more of their own movie. I'm actually wondering if giving it a shorter runtime than a Transformers movie was a good call or not. Cuz, at least in a Transformers movie, when the Transformers arrive, they stay in the picture. And the bloated runtime actually makes room for them, even though the humans still have too much darn focus.

But the second TMNT could be promising.

I don't think it's a bad movie, so much as a meh film. I did miss the beginning, so I must have lost something. But overall, it was okay, I guess. Maybe stronger than some of their other movies, but not by much. Robots was more deserving of a sequel.
Rio was okay, but I can not see why it got such good rotten tomatoe ratings, the plot was nowhere near original with a mesh of two cliche storylines.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I going to bend the rules but, I'm going to watch NBXmas tonight

Drtooth

Reaction score
Rio was okay, but I can not see why it got such good rotten tomatoe ratings, the plot was nowhere near original with a mesh of two cliche storylines.
The animation and visuals, I must admit, are quite well done. They did their research when designing Brazil for the movie, and it does come off as a love letter to Brazillians with some very inside Brazilian humor and references thrown in. I give it that much credit. But story wise, it was just okay. Not bad by any means, just not as good as the hype suggests. I'd almost say that the good reviews were out of relief that Blue Sky made this and not Ice Age (I forget the timing of this vs. Ice Age 4). And I'll admit, it was one of their kind of better films. I still fail to see why this was much better than Robots, which was the best thing they ever did.

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
Right now I'm watching "The Naked Civil Servant", the story of Quentin Crisp. It's really really good and actually has some really funny stuff in it! "Do you intend to spend your entire life admiring yourself??", "If I possibly can." John Hurt is brilliant. :big_grin:

But the last full movie I watched was "As Above, So Below", which was okay. Not terrible and honestly a very original concept, but wasn't executed to its full potential, I think.

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
No wait, actually it was The Wizard of Oz, and then The Naked Civil Servant :wink:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Watched two today.

"Dead Poets Society"- one of Robin Williams' best.

" Strangers on a Train"- an underrated Hitchcock gem.

Schfifty

Reaction score
A couple of nights ago, I watched Monsters University (for about the fifth time in 2 months now). I also dug out and watched my VHS copy of Ferris Bueller's Day Off two weeks ago.

I'm thinking I might watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop tomorrow. It's a fun movie with Kevin James (it's much better than Zookeeper, with those talking animals), and I recently bought a DVD of it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
" Strangers on a Train"- an underrated Hitchcock gem.
Wouldn't say it was underrated, as everyone seems to rip that plotline off.

Crisscross!

I'm thinking I might watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop tomorrow. It's a fun movie with Kevin James (it's much better than Zookeeper, with those talking animals), and I recently bought a DVD of it.

You know what? I was actually at that exact mall the day they were shooting it (unfortunately, an interior scene shot in an abandoned store so you couldn't see anything), and I just missed Kevin James coming out.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Thank you ever so much for setting me straight.

Schfifty

Reaction score
You know what? I was actually at that exact mall the day they were shooting it (unfortunately, an interior scene shot in an abandoned store so you couldn't see anything), and I just missed Kevin James coming out.
Would that be the scene in the apparel store where Paul fights one of the henchmen in the air vents?

And, you know—seeing him using his daughter's cell phone in this movie reminds me of how fast technology has changed. Do people still even use the kind of cell phones from around six years ago? That intrigues me.