The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why that should be discussed in the "Worst" thread. Even Sharktale isn't as bad as half of these stinkers.

My only complaint is that I watched so much Penguins of Madagascar the series that I prefer the series' interpretations of the penguins, especially a more talkative Rico and Jeff Bennet's Kowalski. And that was my only complaint with Madagascar 3. The TV show is (woefully) separate from the TV series, and this film looks to be some sort of Midquel, so it's firmly rooted in the Madagascar movie continuity.

Other than that, it looks fun. Doesn't look like it would be the greatest film out there by any means, and I don't like how close to Big Hero 6 it's going to be released. But I'm very excited for it, and hope there's a slew of Penguin merchandise coming.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hopefully now it will get all the disdain and lambasting it deserves.

Slackbot

Reaction score
What? No DVD option? Wait, now that I have a HD TV I want to see this in glorious Blu-ray!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Really hope this movie gets on Netflix... or at least illegally uploaded to Youtube. I want to see this trainwreck, but I don't want to blow money on it. Cuz, chances are, I won't make it through 5 minutes.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh. I told my sister's family about the Oogieloves, so of course they had to find it on a streaming service. They watched in utter shock. They hung on for 15 minutes, then gave up. I felt such pity for the actors who had fallen so low.

I don't think I could ever watch the entire movie on DVD. Maybe a few minutes at a time, as aversion therapy...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. They say that Oogieloves isn't even so bad it's good. A review I once saw said they tried to watch it ironically, like they'd get a few laughs out of it, but it was just too terrible even for that.

Meanwhile, on the outside Champion does look awful, but if the stories about the director are true, it paints an even darker picture. Let's just say that amazing all American uber capitalistic Texas right to work stuff made this a borderline slave labor movie. That's right. He overworked and underpaid animators for years and it resulted in a bleeding student film of a student that flunked out of animation classes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Back to Color City:

Rosie Perez was embarrassed for showing off her boobs in her film debut, Do the Right Thing. After this, I don't think she would be anymore.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Back to Color City:

Rosie Perez was embarrassed for showing off her boobs in her film debut, Do the Right Thing. After this, I don't think she would be anymore.
She's also a co-host on The View now, so she's got a lot of things to bury on her IMDB page, lol.