Most Annoying TV Series Ever?

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I know I've been verrrrrry heavy handed with hatred of Wild Grinders as of late. I apologize if it's become obsessive and all... but I've never seen a cartoon that fills me with such deep, dark, burning hate. Not Super Why, not Coconut Fred's Not a Ripoff of Spongebob at all Island, not even The Bisketts. I bring this up only because I saw this the other day... somehow I stumbled on some...I dunno what it was, and I shudder to call it a documentary. Anyway, it was about Rob Dyrdek and how he's apparently so hip that the Viacom president (a middle aged woman) claimed that "Too much Rob is never enough" or something to that extent. Somehow, like a creepy, stalkerish vibe.

Which made me HATE the show even more, since it's clearly only there because the Viacom president has a creepy, stalker crush on Rob or something. And I'm seriously cleaning up what I shouted when I saw that... I did my best accidental impression of the Angry Video Game Nerd! Yes, I get Breadwinners and later Spongebobs get hammered on the internet... where the heck is the hate for Wild Grinders? I'm this close to making an animation blog just to trash the crap out of this show.

In other shows... Whoever said Dog with a Blog a while back? yeah... I hate that almost as much as WG. Not even dignifying it with a complaint.
I was talking about Dog with a Blog.. It's just stupid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That doesn't even cover the half of it to call it stupid. It's a blight that it ever was considered, let alone greenlit. Basing a concept on a rhyme is how we got The Chew. And at least with that one, we get a Muppet every so often.

I caught some of the Dog show, and I don't know what to say about it. I'd almost swear that it was a stealth parody or ironic or something. What they do with that show is so incredibly mindless that if it really is seriously straight forward, I'd say the same thing about the Disney Channel that The Boondocks says about BET. I mean, at best it's a shoddy, terrible ALF ripoff that's trying to be all hip for the youth of today because computers. The mysticism of what computers do and how cool they are is best left for old people watching NCIS or any of the other token hackers on those CSI clones.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
That doesn't even cover the half of it to call it stupid. It's a blight that it ever was considered, let alone greenlit. Basing a concept on a rhyme is how we got The Chew. And at least with that one, we get a Muppet every so often.

I caught some of the Dog show, and I don't know what to say about it. I'd almost swear that it was a stealth parody or ironic or something. What they do with that show is so incredibly mindless that if it really is seriously straight forward, I'd say the same thing about the Disney Channel that The Boondocks says about BET. I mean, at best it's a shoddy, terrible ALF ripoff that's trying to be all hip for the youth of today because computers. The mysticism of what computers do and how cool they are is best left for old people watching NCIS or any of the other token hackers on those CSI clones.
It's true. That show is pretty horrible.. It might be a good show if it was just Chloe and the dad, but I don't think that would happen..

Drtooth

Reaction score
This was mentioned in another thread...

But I'm going to add Fox's latest reality program no one actually watches, Utopia.

• It's an obvious Survivor Clone at least 10 years behind, making it a "We're Still Relevant" case for reality TV and failing
  • They write these stupid shows people only watch ironically as a "social experiment" to make it sound sophisticated and intelligent when all it is stupid people doing humiliating things for low sums of money to serve as a drinking game
  • There's such a commitment to shove this down the viewers' throats and it won't go away
  • Shows displaced by the timeslot are encroaching on other shows' time slots
  • and overall... none of the other reality pieces of crap they had were well received...or original...well, at least things not related to Gordon Ramsey (who still has too many shows under his belt).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only reason Reality TV hasn't run its course (even though it totally did) is because of the cheapness and ironic viewers that keep tuning in. Survivor and Big Brother are too big of staples to put out of their misery, I'm shocked American Idol actually gained ratings last season. There are shows that will never be put out to pasture, no matter how out of vogue they should be. Though I am glad that Jersey Dinks and Fat Pageant Trailer Trash Stereotypes are considered over.

But there's something about copying Survivor that reeks of desperation.

On the other side of this. Why the heck does Nickelodeon love Awesomness TV so much? I caught a minute of it and it was like the laughtrack automatically responded to anytime words were spoken, no matter how illogical. One of the big jokes was some teenager saying "I hate homework" like it was a joke instead of a statement.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
WordGirl is so annoying.

So is SciGirls. It's annoying as well. I used to love SciGirls until I found who the voice actress for Izzy was.

The voice actress is wicked annoying.

Princeton

Reaction score
and overall... none of the other reality pieces of crap they had were well received...or original...well, at least things not related to Gordon Ramsey (who still has too many shows under his belt).
Slightly off-topic, but in terms of celebrity chefs, I think Emeril is much more entertaining than Gordon, but for good or bad Gordon is much more gimmick-y, hence why he's more popular.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gordon basically has the overly angry Brit thing. And frankly, it's more like Fawlty Towers or Chef without the comeuppance or him at least looking like a fool. And he's actually not a bad guy in reality. But he has, like, too many darn shows on Fox. And I'd take them in a heartbeat over Utopia.

Celebrity Chefs I take with a grain of salt, though. And not their officially licensed pink Himalayan "Williams Sonoma exclusive" salt either.

While not a program, per say, I HATE Nicktoons' new Nick Sports line up. It's bad enough it's the two worst shows on the block and a crappy NFL behind the scenes for kids show. But they conclude the block with a decidedly not animated 1990's freaking sports movie. I mean, sure... it's nice to see a weeknight line up not dominated by the same 5 episodes of Fairly Oddparents, but really?!?!

mimitchi33

Reaction score
SpongeBob SquarePants and Nina Needs to Go! The latter is a show that airs on Disney Junior and is about this annoying little girl who has to pee all the time and never learns her stinking lesson. Plus, the animation is horrendous and makes the new Muzzy look like something DreamWorks made, and I lost brain cells just from watching it! And this is why I don't watch Sofia the First on Disney Junior and only on other sites...though I do like the other shorts. If anyone wants to see it, it's on YouTube, but be warned. It's really annoying and stupid!