Whose autograph do you have?

limey

Reaction score
I think I might have mentioned before that I have collected many Henson/Muppet related signatures over the years (and I am still on the look out for some more). Like most people on this forum I was heavily influenced by the amazing work of past (and present) employees of the Jim Henson Company - my collection has become a reminder of those people who brought these amazing creative worlds to life. I have autographs on cards, letters, posters, books etc. I have just worked out how to post photos on the forum so here is one that was given to me as a gift not too long ago - a copy of 'Of Muppets and Men' signed by Jim Henson and given as a gift to Vincent Price. I have seen other examples of this book signed and given to other guests stars of the Muppet Show. It would be interesting to find out where they all ended up -

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Honestly, I would ADORE a autograph from Steve Whitmire or Dave Goelz; even a short response from one of them would be amazing enough. Steve has always been my favorite puppeteer, along with Dave. Jim Henson is my 3rd favorite; that's probably because I watched more with Steve and Dave then Jim (Wembley, Boober, Traveling Matt, Gonzo, Steve performing Kermit, etc). In fact, Gonzo is my favorite of the main Muppet cast; as for other Henson productions, Wembley and Boober. I would LOVE a autograph from Steve or Dave featuring Wembley or Boober; but Disney probably wouldn't allow it. Honestly, the character wouldn't matter. I would LOVE the autograph/letter/response in whatever format I get. But that won't even happen; all I can do is dream. :sigh:

limey

Reaction score
Honestly, I would ADORE a autograph from Steve Whitmire or Dave Goelz; even a short response from one of them would be amazing enough. Steve has always been my favorite puppeteer, along with Dave. Jim Henson is my 3rd favorite; that's probably because I watched more with Steve and Dave then Jim (Wembley, Boober, Traveling Matt, Gonzo, Steve performing Kermit, etc). In fact, Gonzo is my favorite of the main Muppet cast; as for other Henson productions, Wembley and Boober. I would LOVE a autograph from Steve or Dave featuring Wembley or Boober; but Disney probably wouldn't allow it. Honestly, the character wouldn't matter. I would LOVE the autograph/letter/response in whatever format I get. But that won't even happen; all I can do is dream. :sigh:
I would still keep on trying. I know that Dave Goelz is a cool and thoughtful guy and if your letter gets to him, I am sure he would reply (Steve would be the same).

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Thought id update you with a few more ive added to my collection :smile:

These three were purchases -

These, probably my favorite as they are dedecated to me, were obtained by a friend in person on my behalf at various events in the USA... It sucks to live in the uk sometimes :smile:

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Oh my, what a collection you got there!!:smile: I only have a photo of Walter signed by Peter Linz I bought on Amazon.:stick_out_tongue: It's amazing that you have a few that date back several decades ago!! Those JHC Christmas cards have got to be the cutest I have ever seen!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I guess a picture off of ebay w/Kermit's & Jim's autographs doesn't count right? (they weren't signed to me)
But if we're talking about OTHER celebrities,(and I hope I haven't posted this) I have Bowzer (formerly of Sha Na Na)'s autograph. For those that don't know who he is (and haven't already been here & "heard" me talk about him) He's an oldies (50s & 60s singer. He has his own group now."Bowzer & The Stingrays"

Last edited: