The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Drtooth

Reaction score
The B List celebrities are one thing. I feel more sorry for the cartoon voice actors. Especially David Kaye... yeeeesss... (please tell me someone watched enough Beast Wars to get that).

Friggin' Bumblebee Tuna Be's Sean Astin. Nick not paying him enough for Raphael?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Here's an actually GOOD 2D to CGI re-make, of an old cartoon that was very popular in Spain in the 90's called The Fruitties.

And this CGI conversion was done by a company who did a lot of traditional animation in the 90's, D'Ocon. Besides this, their most notable works are the Problem Child animated series and the third (Hulu calls it second) season of Magic Adventures of Mumfie (and my avatar is from one of those episodes). And much like Disney's output today, the CGI looks better than most companies' output.
Yeah. They say that Oogieloves isn't even so bad it's good. A review I once saw said they tried to watch it ironically, like they'd get a few laughs out of it, but it was just too terrible even for that.
I would never try to watch Oogieloves. I already get nightmares about Toofie's underwear after seeing a few clips of it. He looked so creepy during those scenes. It got to the point where I stopped watching clips of it!
I'm rather confused as to if Color City will be in theaters or not. Some websites say it is, while others say its' a DTV. Is this going to be a wide release, or a limited one like Last Flight of the Cruddyions?

mr3urious

Reaction score
mimitchi33 said:
I'm rather confused as to if Color City will be in theaters or not. Some websites say it is, while others say its' a DTV. Is this going to be a wide release, or a limited one like Last Flight of the Cruddyions?
According to the website, it will be released theatrically, and go straight to DVD/Blu-ray 2 months afterward.

Drtooth said:
Friggin' Bumblebee Tuna Be's Sean Astin. Nick not paying him enough for Raphael?
And are Jess Harnell and Wayne Brady not getting paid enough by Disney to voice Cedric and Clover?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's always a shame that low quality crap like this gets A-list voice acting talent (though Wayne was in Food Fight). A film like this doesn't even deserve Garsey's Wing's dub cast.

I'm sure the theatrical release will be as limited as the aforementioned Rainbow Rocks movie. Probably for a weekend only or something. If this was nationally released, at least the Wizard of Oz movie won't look like such a loser.

Seriously, they could have made a kid's Zardoz movie and made more money.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
According to the website, it will be released theatrically, and go straight to DVD/Blu-ray 2 months afterward.
Okay. I may consider seeing it just to see how bad it is.

And are Jess Harnell and Wayne Brady not getting paid enough by Disney to voice Cedric and Clover?
Sofia The First is the most popular Disney Junior show at the moment, even beating out Nickelodeon's shows like Ninja Turtles and SpongeBob. If this was the case, I wouldn't be surprised. Ironically, the only other bad show that I know of with Jess Harnell in it would be that Nina Needs to Go series mentioned a few pages back as the dad, and he doesn't even sound like Jess Harnell and more like the dads many PBS Kids shows have, such as Caillou and Arthur.

What? No DVD option? Wait, now that I have a HD TV I want to see this in glorious Blu-ray!
If you have a TV that can play Amazon Instant Video and you have a Prime account, you can do just that!

Drtooth

Reaction score
With all due respect, you get we're making jokes, right?

Anyway, I even feel that the non-union freelancers that were mostly employed by 4Kids are far too good for the Studio Brinquendo films. Say what you will about 4Kids, their shows were never dubbed wooden. And they really managed to shine on shows like Ultimate Muscle, TMNT2k3, and their sadly short lived Funky Cops dub (there's a new dub, but it's hardly as funny or hammy). In their case, the voice acting jobs aren't that easy to come by. I recall going to a convention panel hosted by one of them and he was talking about how they have to get any voice acting work they can. Especially, and this got a real chuckle from me, Turkish soap operas dubbed for local New York television.

Things are slightly different for the union Californian voice actors. They're probably a little more selective. Jess does a crapload of voices. I'm only going on the thinnest possible knowledge here. But it's still sad to see some wasted talent.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I kinda like 4Kids. I grew up with some of their shows like Magical DoReMi and Winx Club. The latter dub I don't remember a lot from, but I do remember the Magical DoReMi dub. It was better than some of their other dubs, and it did have it's moments ("Sorry kid, but there was a strike last month at the chocolate factory!")
And about Color City, the nearest theater playing it is a long drive away. I'd rather save the long drive for anime movies and special events like a local indie theater's showing of The Muppets Take Manhattan and Mumfie's Quest.
And now, here's a bad CGI short about Halloween!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unless it's made by a big enough studio, I don't think those kinds of things really count.

For the record, I'm mixed positive on 4Kids, knowing most of the problems with the One Piece dub was all because Toei hates the US apparently (long story short, they refused several companies who genuinely wanted the license because they wanted a TV airing). But 4Kids did give us the 2k3 Turtles series, Ultimate Muscle (which was an improvement since they made the anime for kids while the manga was for older nostalgic fans), and especially the short lived, Parental Bonus filled, getting crap past the radar Funky Cops dub. The new English dub isn't half as fun or as well acted.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Unless it's made by a big enough studio, I don't think those kinds of things really count.

For the record, I'm mixed positive on 4Kids, knowing most of the problems with the One Piece dub was all because Toei hates the US apparently (long story short, they refused several companies who genuinely wanted the license because they wanted a TV airing). But 4Kids did give us the 2k3 Turtles series, Ultimate Muscle (which was an improvement since they made the anime for kids while the manga was for older nostalgic fans), and especially the short lived, Parental Bonus filled, getting crap past the radar Funky Cops dub. The new English dub isn't half as fun or as well acted.
I never saw Funky Cops, but I've seen clips of Ultimate Muscle and remember bits and pieces of the 2003 Ninja Turtles. I also have seen their Pokemon and Tokyo Mew Mew dubs, which I remember from childhood. Mew Mew Power also got me into Mermaid Melody and other magical girl anime, though I only ever watched one episode of Mew Mew and Mermaid Melody as a kid (due to those being the only ones on YouTube).

Luke kun

Reaction score
I never saw Funky Cops, but I've seen clips of Ultimate Muscle and remember bits and pieces of the 2003 Ninja Turtles. I also have seen their Pokemon and Tokyo Mew Mew dubs, which I remember from childhood. Mew Mew Power also got me into Mermaid Melody and other magical girl anime, though I only ever watched one episode of Mew Mew and Mermaid Melody as a kid (due to those being the only ones on YouTube).
Wait...how old were you when you made Manafichu Video Adventures and Mimitchilove33 Video Killers? I'm guessing ten years old, since every video reviewed on both shows were VeggieTales. You also had the same guests every episode, right?