Muppeteer Fran Brill's official retirement

Schfifty

Reaction score
I don't think they would retire Zoe, as she is quite a notable character herself, in my opinion. She's the only character on the show right now that really promotes dancing, and young kids love to dance. Maybe she'll be used as a background character for a while, but I don't see Zoe being retired soon.

I wish Fran the best of luck for her future plans, and thank you for all the work she's done with the Muppets. I'm going to miss Zoe's distinctive laugh.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This post from Ryan Dosier basically summarizes my feelings right now: Fran Brill has officially retired from Sesame Street. Fran was the first Muppet performer I ever met, and she welcomed me into this world of wonderful people with open arms and incredible kindness. Fran was the first female puppeteer hired by Jim Henson, and has been an integral, crucial part of the Muppet family for over 40 years. Fran's legacy is jam-packed, and her performances as Prairie Dawn, Zoe, and many others on Sesame Street will live on forever. There are few people with as much Muppet history as Fran Brill, and she will be powerfully missed on the show. We wish her nothing but the greatest as she moves into retirement. Thank you for everything, Fran. The childhoods of countless people were better for having you.

Katzi428

Reaction score
As far as her characters go, I thought you guys said they retired Prairie Dawn years ago.

But as far as her retirement goes, while I too am disappointed to know we won't have her performing anymore, i guess I can kind of see why she would choose to do so... I mean, let's face it, she had her hey day with SST from the 70s through the 90s, and like with many of the other male performers, when newer, younger female performers came in like Stephanie and now Leslie, it was their time to shine. And let's face it, however much have any of her characters had to do in recent years?

I'll agree, I hope she at least found someone to take over her characters for her, but it won't be an easy task, hers is a very unique and distinctive voice. I mean Zoe's laugh? That won't be easy to recapture.
I don't think they retired Prairie Dawn yet. (I mean it's not like she's not like she's a character that doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever.) But yeah I'm hoping that one of the younger female Muppeteers will voice Fran's characters . No one can replace her though. Best of luck to you on your retirement though Ms. Brill!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I haven't gotten to really watch SST in years, and in all this time, various different people here keep talking about Prairie being "retired" from the show, so I don't know what to believe.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I didn't know she was retiring but that does 'splain why we haven't seen much of Zoe lately or Prairie even. I don't know if they'll be recast or if they'll be retired altogether. :smile::embarrassed::concern:: Or if they'll be retired.

I think they'll definitely keep Zoe since she's always prominent in street scenes, her and her sidekick Rocco of course. Prairie has always been sort of on and off. But we also lost Jerry and Kevin last year and they're characters still live in. Hopefully they'll find a replacement and Fran's characters will be in good hands as well.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Prairie Dawn will be in at least one clip with Cookie Monster this season, and I saw a pic of Fran performing Prairie and I think its from one of the street scenes of one upcomig episode this season...

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Really sad, most of her characters were always on my SS VHS tapes, and when I watched the show, I really hope we see her characters recast, and I never knew they put her SS characters in the background, what a shame, I wonder if her characters will be recast.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Really sad, most of her characters were always on my SS VHS tapes, and when I watched the show, I really hope we see her characters recast, and I never knew they put her SS characters in the background, what a shame, I wonder if her characters will be recast.
I think that Leslie-Carrera-Rudolph will be cast for her characters.