Funniest Wackiest Zaniest Sesame Sketches

10Cakes

Reaction score
Man. I haven't posted on here in a long time. Anyway, I'm so glad to see Eight Balls of Fur, 39 Stairs, E&B Fishing, E&B Rhyming Game and Bert Feels Cold mentioned. I was actually just thinking of Eight Balls of Fur the other day. I cracked up when Little Chrissy was playing the piano with his back and destroyed the piano at the end. I also cracked up to no end with E&B Rhyming Game.

I know the sketch I'm about to mention was considered by many to be scary, but I thought it was one of the funniest sketches. This sketch would be the one with Ernie and Bert in the Egyptian Pyramid. Ernie yelling to Bert, Ernie and the Ernie statue dancing and singing "Rubber Duckie", and the ending with the statue scaring Bert. I thought that one was priceless.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I remember that one very well. I was NOT scared of this skit at all! :smile:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Anything with those Martians is hilarious! Anything Guy Smiley or Sonny Friendly did was hilarious. And let's not forget COUNT VON COUNT! Quite hilarious most of the time in my opinion.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Anything with those Martians is hilarious! Anything Guy Smiley or Sonny Friendly did was hilarious. And let's not forget COUNT VON COUNT! Quite hilarious most of the time in my opinion.

The Number of The Day sketches. They were awesome.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The ones with the pipe organ? I have to admit, those were extremely bland. Especially the number nine one where The Count just randomly grunts through the whole thing. I swear... they did all 20 in one day and realized they forgot nine and rushed that one out.

Now, the ones where he was counting sheep until an elephant appears and especially the one with the Countess going "SCHTO-O-O-O-O-OP!!!" and the waiters dropping everything? Those were great.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The ones with the pipe organ? I have to admit, those were extremely bland. Especially the number nine one where The Count just randomly grunts through the whole thing. I swear... they did all 20 in one day and realized they forgot nine and rushed that one out.

Now, the ones where he was counting sheep until an elephant appears and especially the one with the Countess going "SCHTO-O-O-O-O-OP!!!" and the waiters dropping everything? Those were great.

The Count was so funny when Jerry Nelson was alive.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
The pipe organ skits were good, but not as funny as the stuff the count used to do in the early years of SS. I do admit the one where he counts until the Countess goes "SCHTO-O-O-O-O-OP!!!!!!" was very funny.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There were some pipe organs ones that were genuinely good. But it really seems like they ran out of ideas fairly early on. I kinda wish they would have done more segments where the Count just counts stuff lying around his castle or watches TV. I loved the Six Feet Under and 24 bits. I wish they did more of that. That was some limitless potential. Imagine the Count watching 8 is Enough or The Magnificent Seven.

cjd874

Reaction score
Wow…look at all the cobwebs on this thread. Time to pull this out of the attic.

1. First, this grouping is awesome. You rarely saw Kermit interacting with Sesame monsters this late into the show's run.
  2. The twist is absolutely hysterical. I just about bust my guts laughing. "Here, Herry, have a seat!"
  3. Frank and Jerry deliver a short but memorable performance. The only ones that I can recall that were better were the Grover/Fat Blue sketches. And the one-shot skit with the Count and Dr. Rainbrain.