Old Sesame Street Storybook Illustrations

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Does anyone know of Sesame Street storybooks from the 1970s that have illustrations of the Sesame Street set (123 Sesame, Hooper's Store, etc.). Specifically, I'm thinking of books that were illustrated by artists like Michael J. Smollin and Jack Davis.

I know at least a few portions of it were illustrated by Jack Davis in the 1972 Sesame Street calendar.

I'm pretty sure I had a few as a child, but I can't recall the titles.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
There's a pretty large number of books that had illustrations of the set- that much I can tell you.

VonCount

Reaction score
I checked out our library and there are a few but mostly only show Hooper's store plus 123 Sesame street. I don't have any illustrated by those authors, but then again the book club series seem to have been re-illustrated in the 80's or 90's, I have a bunch of different 80s and 90s books and had one duplicate story that had a totally different set of pictures inside.
An example would be "There's no place like home" they show a bunch of different houses, ending on 123 Sesame street. Or "Special Delivery" there's one page where Prairie Dawn goes by the set. I also saw one book that had the Fixit shop but it also had a store that was called Ernie's Meat Market called "What do you do". "The Sesame Street Sun" had a scene on the stoop and "A day in the life of oscar the grouch" has a couple of scenes.