The Chipmunks

Drtooth

Reaction score
They don't look too bad, actually. I'm sure that things could go either way in animated form. I actually dig the cross breading between the 90's version and the movie versions of the characters. Hopefully we'll get the show soon in due time. Too bad the Hub's gonna be gone. That seems like as good a place as any for it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Not quite as ugly as you made it out to be, Snowth, but still not the quality of the Star Wars shows or Transformers Prime, and to a lesser extent Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures.

I do like how the sexual dimorphism isn't as blatant as the '80s series, as both the Chipmunks and Chipettes have human hair on their heads.

Plus, I can't wait to hear Curtis Armstrong unleash his inner Dan at Alvin. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Hub basically only gets good ratings for MLP and Transformers shows. Somehow, that means while Hasbro shows will still be on the network (and hopefully it won't affect Robots in Disguise... I don't trust CN after what they did to TFA), somehow... a network that never got good ratings or coverage to begin with will change their programming other than daytime Hasbro cartoon line ups. Long story short... I don't get it. I don't see the point, and I don't see how nature programs or whatever else crap Discovery wants on the network will be a higher draw than Happy Days or ALF reruns.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not quite as ugly as you made it out to be, Snowth
I didn't say it was ugly, I said the animation looks underwhelmingly cheap. Even JANE AND THE DRAGON has more detail and texture in its animation, and I think it's from a Canadian animation company too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but Jane and the Dragon has a stiffness to it. It suffered from quite a bit of Uncanny Valley on human characters too. I love the storybook illustration details and shading though.

It's just weird that when CGI cartoons are stylized and have squash and stretch to them, some find it cheaper and less professional than the really stiff older animations. What I really dislike about older CGI TV shows is the textures in the backgrounds being... I can't quite describe it, but they look so superficial and fake. I watched a Beast Wars a few months back and, while the animation and everything else was advanced at the time, there was this weird effect of a boulder cracking and the cracks didn't look deep at all. I wish I remembered what episode it was and what clips to find it, but I can't.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I'm somewhat confused; what do you the Hub will be gone?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I'm somewhat confused; what do you the Hub will be gone?
It will be replaced by Discovery Family with Hasbro only running the channel now until noon, the sad part is, The Hub Network, would've been the perfect place for the show, I would say CN would be another great treat for the show, but after what they keep doing to recent acquations and WBA shows that are not CN originals, Teen Titans Go!, or Total Drama, it makes me feel CN wouldn't be the best place for it, but going back on topic, yes, the Hub Network will be replaced by Discovery Family sadly, and I do not see Discovery picking up on the slack.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
The Hub basically only gets good ratings for MLP and Transformers shows. Somehow, that means while Hasbro shows will still be on the network (and hopefully it won't affect Robots in Disguise... I don't trust CN after what they did to TFA), somehow... a network that never got good ratings or coverage to begin with will change their programming other than daytime Hasbro cartoon line ups. Long story short... I don't get it. I don't see the point, and I don't see how nature programs or whatever else crap Discovery wants on the network will be a higher draw than Happy Days or ALF reruns.
Actually Cartoon Network will now be getting Robots in Disguise, here's the source.
http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/10/...uise-coming-to-cartoon-network-in-early-2015/

Rugratskid

Reaction score
That's upsetting; guess I can't record Fraggle Rock at 4am and watch before school 2 hours later anymore. :sigh: