The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Wait...how old were you when you made Manafichu Video Adventures and Mimitchilove33 Video Killers? I'm guessing ten years old, since every video reviewed on both shows were VeggieTales. You also had the same guests every episode, right?
No, I was twelve or eleven. And I don't plan on remaking it because of possible copyright infringement. You're also going way off topic.
Anyways, back on topic with another CGI show people are complaining about-the reboot of VeggieTales slated for release the day before Thanksgiving, called VeggieTales in the House. Many say the animation looks horrible, whilst others say their autistic children can't deal with the change (I've been with many kids with that disorder, so I could possibly understand that.) I think it's cute and funny, and reminds me of Looney Tunes and other cartoon classics. I mean, what's not to love about Bob and Larry going nuts over a dust bunny and realistic-looking animation for guppies in a fish tank? Watch the trailer for yourselves:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The animation certainly looks better, I'd say. Some of the earlier ones look downright amateurish, but to be expected as so. It's a good look for the characters. I say look specifically. I don't know anything about this, but I'd feel better knowing that the same team that was always there was behind this. otherwise, they may just have a point. And while I'm not the hugest fan of religious media, I wonder how much Christianity survives this reboot. It's too hard to tell what this new series is about, especially from the trailer. There is reasonable doubt this could go awry.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
The animation certainly looks better, I'd say. Some of the earlier ones look downright amateurish, but to be expected as so. It's a good look for the characters. I say look specifically. I don't know anything about this, but I'd feel better knowing that the same team that was always there was behind this. otherwise, they may just have a point. And while I'm not the hugest fan of religious media, I wonder how much Christianity survives this reboot. It's too hard to tell what this new series is about, especially from the trailer. There is reasonable doubt this could go awry.
In the clip I watched on Facebook, Pa Grape was telling Laura and Larry about taking care of the guppies was better than a dog and the guppies' tank had a bible verse on it and they told what it meant.
And I agree the animation looks better than the original. It gives it a fun and colorful vibe.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Tress MacNeille and Rob Paulsen will be in it! What could possibly go wrong? I'M NOT TOMMY! (those were lines said by Rob Paulsen and Tress MacNeille respectively.)

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Tress MacNeille and Rob Paulsen will be in it! What could possibly go wrong? I'M NOT TOMMY! (those were lines said by Rob Paulsen and Tress MacNeille respectively.)
Rob Paulsen and Tress MacNeille are in that VeggieTales "thing"? Wow, that's very upsetting. Why are legendary voice actors/actresses working on such terrible shows and movies? I'm not asking for an Animaniacs revival, so I hope it's not taken that way. But I would love to see these 2 in better roles. I guess it's good they are working together though.

Luke kun

Reaction score
I am currently watching Last Flight of the Champions right now on my iPhone. It's god-awfully horrible.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Rob Paulsen and Tress MacNeille are in that VeggieTales "thing"? Wow, that's very upsetting.
I've no problem with the voice cast upgrade on this one. Or at least the exact same kind of problem. All I wanna know is how much involvement the original team has in this. It's nice they have some A-list talent, yet it does seem less of a small run thing with the limited amount of voice actors who headed the franchise at the beginning. Then again, their sister show 321 Penguins had some top Canadian talent like Lee Tockar and Gary Chalk.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I've no problem with the voice cast upgrade on this one. Or at least the exact same kind of problem. All I wanna know is how much involvement the original team has in this. It's nice they have some A-list talent, yet it does seem less of a small run thing with the limited amount of voice actors who headed the franchise at the beginning. Then again, their sister show 321 Penguins had some top Canadian talent like Lee Tockar and Gary Chalk.
They still may be writing the stories. Dreamworks only distributes the series.

Also, I keep seeing this ugly CGI series at my local grocery store:

mr3urious

Reaction score
The 2D and claymation parts look really good in that one. I don't see why the CGI has to look like a PS2 cutscene, though.

Also, zebras don't whinny. Zoology FAIL. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, zebras don't whinny. Zoology FAIL. :rolleyes:
The old zebra is a striped horse bit.

So, what the heck is up with all the CGI fish movies at Target? I swear there's like 5 of them (not counting the certain good one by the good studio... nor Shark Tale, as they don't keep it in stock). I know there's one that has a fake CGI cover and is really an old anime or something, but I can never remember the name of it.

Didn't manage to walk by a RedBox and point out the stupider ones they have in there, and last time I did it actually had some decent stuff advertised... Scooby-Doo movies and the like.