For the first time on YouTube ever...

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
If this keeps up with rare Sesame Street stuff surfacing on YouTube, hopefully someone will upload the rarest of the rare, Out to Lunch (1974).
I think we ALL hope for that special to make its way to YouTube someday!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Considering we recently finally got to see the Sesame Street performance of Lucy in the Sky with Dimonds out of the blue on YouTube as well as the fact that the rare Crack Master clip was uploaded last year, it wouldn't surprise me if Out to Lunch eventually makes its way to YouTube.

I was always hoping that within the Sesame Street celebrations that they would've aired some of the classic clips and segments that reflected the 1970's, as it was fun to watch. But no luck at all. The street has changed big time throughout the years, and it's amazing to look back and see the street the way it used to be.
Wait, what are you saying? All of the anniversary specials, with the exception of Elmopalooza, have plenty of classic clips and segments.

I was thinking about how the finale looks kinda small... Actually it's probably about the same as the ending to The Street We Live On, except by then the cast was smaller and therefore more "complete" (by season 35 standards). At this point there were so many regular characters, plus the celebrity budget might have gotten in the way of including everybody. While the other 25th anniversary does have a lot more characters in the linking material (Frank Oz's characters even have dialogue there, though it's pretty much all singing, wouldn't be surprised if Frank Oz just pre-recorded the voices there), but even that is missing key characters. Bob, Susan, and Mr. Handford don't appear in either 25th anniversary special, for example (and I don't think Gordon or Luis appear in the other special, can't remember for sure).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I totally agree about "Out to Lunch"- I would LOVE to see that special available to watch somewhere.:smile::super: