Slackbot's text sketchbook

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That was a lovely scene. I like how Mokey decided to share her quiet place with Jan... And the entire conversation between her and Ma Gorg. There's just a touch of rightness with the two as mothers that I can't really explain but it makes the scene work.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I got the idea for this from an episode in which Ma Gorg kept emphasizing that she's a mother, and mothers know certain things. I thought that it'd be nice for her to have another mother to talk to, and realized that that would be something she could share with a Fraggle. If anything could make her see Fraggles as people instead of vermin, that could.

And, yes, this kind of thing did set the foundation for Janken's ease with the Gorgs and his willingness to explore Outer Space. His family taught him to wonder "what's around the next corner," and not to be afraid of things that aren't Fraggles.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
That was so adorable! It was so lovely seeing these two share this connection! And awwww little Janken! ^^

Slackbot

Reaction score
Dear Nephew Gobo,

Recently, while reading the large, densely-printed publications that are so popular here in Outer Space, I found a request for help. Naturally I answered it. As a result, I gained a new job: watching one of their caves at night. It takes an incredible six hours a day! But if a Silly Creature can do it, so can any brave, resourceful Fraggle such as I.

I thought I would be alone, but there are strange costumed creatures wandering about this cave. At first I found them somewhat alarming, but after I got to know them, and they accepted me as one of them by giving me a costume of my own--rather forcefully--we became the best of friends. I'm almost sorry that after the seventh night I was released from the job for reasons I don't quite understand. However, my real job is, and always will be, to explore Outer Space.

Love,

Your Uncle Traveling Matt.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Did Matt just get involved in a robbery? Hope Officer Carruthers doesn't have to end up arresting him. Maybe Jan and Miss Catherine can help him should charges arise against the explorer of our realms. Thanks for posting. *Leaves some of the PB chocolate brownie squares made for the approaching haunting season.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh, no, this wasn't a robbery. There wasn't anyone in the "cave" that wasn't supposed to be there, and Matt did his job satisfactorily. This is a crossover with...well, I'll wait to see if anyone else gets it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... The only other thing I can think of is... NYCC?