Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Drtooth

Reaction score
What makes so annoyed is when I find the comments from "Youtube" that say "he must be on weed. WHAT? No way! They don't do any substances. They just got probleams and their own minds. Grrrrrrrr!

That's an old Stereotype. Mainly because weed (as well as alcohol) impairs your judgement and makes you think stupid things. Not to mention the egregious misconception that Weed is a powerful hallucinogenic. Weed makes you either a giggly idiot or paranoid, cocaine makes you jumpy... LSD is the thing that supposedly makes you wildly hallucinogenic. I don't touch the stuff, just like reading theories being debunked.

Now, the secret to creating something truly wild? Keep a book next to the bed. When you wake up in the middle of the night half asleep, you can come up with the craziest crap imaginable (sometimes directly from your dreams) because it always sounds better when your really dead tired and things don't make sense. All without the assistance of drugs.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Someone on a Muppets from Space video that was on YouTube (no longer there) called Clifford "Floyd." While I will admit that they do look somewhat alike, and they do have similar personalities, the confusion is still annoying.

Also, I hate with the burning fiery passion of a thousand suns when people call puppeteers "voice actors." No disrespect to voice acting, but it is different from puppetry.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Someone on a Muppets from Space video that was on YouTube (no longer there) called Clifford "Floyd." While I will admit that they do look somewhat alike, and they do have similar personalities, the confusion is still annoying.

Also, I hate with the burning fiery passion of a thousand suns when people call puppeteers "voice actors." No disrespect to voice acting, but it is different from puppetry.

That's what bothers me too. I considers puppeteers "performers", not voice actors. Voice acting is very different from puppeteering, but yeah YouTube is full of trolls, liars, foes, and a bunch of monsters (Growls).

CountFan1998

Reaction score
A new, fiery show? I don't remember seeing any fire. And that's right, the Muppets didn't do much before 2006. :stick_out_tongue:
A fiery show? Well, that's nothing to lose your head about! :laugh:

"Hey, her head don't come off!" "Well of course it doesn't!"
"Hey lady, where you go with a head like that?"
"I know what we can do, take off her head!"
Either that or someone just needs to chilly down... :big_grin:

AquaGGR

Reaction score
When people are referring to Sesame Street, and call it "Elmo" instead... :boo:
(guess they only saw Elmo's World)

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I had that problem for the longest time. The worst thing was, I couldn't remember which one was Statler and which was Waldorf. Of course I do now, but I have always been bad with names and faces. Even if those faces happen to belong to a Muppet.
I always got them mixed up too because Statler totally looks like a "Waldorf" to me, and vice versa!

--"Cookie Monster doesn't eat cookies anymore"
Thank you ever so much for addressing that... :big_grin: I can't stand when people say that; I'm tell them it's just a rumor, and they're like "No it's not..." just because they know it'll mess with me!!! :grr: Then again, they're the same people that think both Muppets and Sesame Street belong in the same category of "only of kids/babies" I'd beg to differ- a baby watching classic TMS? With explosions, large monsters and eating of other characters? I'd hate to be in their shoes... especially if they were watching the Phyllis Diller episode... Hugga Wugga invented Nightmare Fuel...

-When people call it "Elmo's World" instead of "Sesame Street"
Well, that's what it's become since 1996 with the release of (well, you know what I mean...:laugh:) on store shelves... I'm surprised they haven't jumped the gun and called it "Elmo Street". :rolleyes: He's taken a large role in everything from toys to video games (Ever see a recent SS game with Big Bird in the starring role? I thought so... correct me if I'm wrong...), and almost all of the current SSL shows have Elmo's name in the title.

Elmo overload, perhaps?

YES, but I probably should've saved that for another thread... Sorry! :embarrassed:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Oh wow...just heard a new one earlier tonight:

"Did you hear? The Muppets are finally coming back! It's great. Just when I thought they were dying..."

HUBBA-WHAT?!!!

:mad:

There needs to be a "facepalm" emoticon here. Seriously.

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
I hate it when somebody say ,,Fonzie"or on all my DVDs ,,Fozzi"... And I hate it when somebody don't see the love between two characters like ,,Janice and Floyd aren't in love!"Like what?? I hate it too when they call beaker ,,carrottop"or something like that :mad: