Now what's going on with YouTube?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
As I mentioned on the Lionsgate thread, I can't do any Mumfie videos now due to Lionsgate claiming videos. I guess I'll have to do what happened when U.S. Acres videos were being targeted-go to Dailymotion!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's a new one that I'm sure Drtooth will also be ranting about, but apparently YT has these new feature: autoplay on regular videos. I'm not talking about watching videos in playlists (which I usually try to avoid anyway), but rather, say you're just simply watching a video on its video page, once the video is finished, the first video listed in the suggestions on the right automatically starts playing afterwards.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yeah...I don't think I have a use for that.

What if the first video is totally unrelated to what you just watched? What if you're watching a "Weird Al" music video, then it autoplays a movie clip from a horror movie?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what? I can't really blame YT for pulling down the videos when the copyright police snap at them. At least as far as copyright goes. YT can pull videos for very stupid reasons, be they sexually explicit, repetitive (yeah, apparently they can do that?!), or somehow "bullying" with no actual bullying involved (one of my favorite YTP was supposedly pulled for that reason), or just absolutely stupid reasons like that... yet they don't pull terrorist training videos or beheadings because... yeah.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm hoping YT is experiencing some kind of a weird little bug or glitch right now, because otherwise my entire favorites list was completely wiped out for no reason whatsoever, and if that was the case, I'll be p!$$ed!

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I know Drtooth, it's BAD! MySpace has done such a job Facebookifying themselves recently (thank God they're leaving our PROFILES alone... take a hint, YouTube), that the site has now slowed to a snail's pace... just like Facebook! That was one of the reasons I liked MySpace better than Facebook because the site in general loaded faster (save for pimped out profiles with hundreds of graphics everywhere that take forever to load)... now, they're both just as slow as molases, it's tough to get anything done.
now i can't reply to the video's

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you talking about posting video responses to a video? Yeah, YT actually did away with that a couple of years ago, apparently they felt it served no real purpose and that people were ignoring them anyway.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is there some special reason YT turned our watch history into a feed like subscriptions or crap they try to force us to watch, as opposed to it being presented like a playlist, other than for them to do something stupid and nonsensical again?

Drtooth

Reaction score
My history is still unaffected, but my feed page ticks me off completely.

Where in the past you could at least get rid of the "popular on Youtube" videos suggestions for at least the better part of a week, now you can only remove them once per visit before they're back up again... and worse there's more "popular" suggestions than ever before, meaning a whole bunch more garbage videos you don't want to watch clogging up your feed page that you can't get rid of, not even temporarily.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, it's clear that YT is more concerned about partner videos and such getting views and hits and such as opposed to just letting us watch what we want to watch which is why we're subscribed to the channels we're subscribed to in the first place.