Well, they showed up...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by dcfboss
well kids won't relate to the older characters for one reason .. they're not on sesame street anymore, only in the sporadic classic clips, so they really can't get to know the characters, thus not being able to relate to them
Exactly...and incidentually, how come kids these days wouldn't get obvious parodies of Sherlock Homes, and Gameshow hosts, but they know Sheryl Crowe? "I gonna soak up some sun?" Ick.

At least they used this clip and actually brough Gladys back!

ssetta

Reaction score
Because Sheryl Crow is more of a current celebrity.

Today, they had another old Ernie song, "Grow High, Grow Low." See, I think they actually like some of those old songs. You probably know that song "Imagine That," don't you? I think they like that one, because it gets used every year. And kids still like to make up stories.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by ssetta
Because Sheryl Crow is more of a current celebrity.
True, but I do not see 3 year olds going out and buying Sheryl Crow albums..

Anyway, what bores some kids I know (that I have to watch in occasion) is the little films of kids (I could see them bouncing off the walls when they showed that little runt maiking a finger painting.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Besides, could you imagine the song "Why the $#^%//!! are you so sad on "Sesame Street?" Although, they did have "It's hard to be humble on TMS with the line, "Must be a ^%^&//@!! of a man." You never know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
Besides, could you imagine the song "Why the $#^%//!! are you so sad on "Sesame Street?" Although, they did have "It's hard to be humble on TMS with the line, "Must be a ^%^&//@!! of a man." You never know.
Of course, it could be recalled "why the L are you so sad!"

dcfboss

Reaction score
You probably know that song "Imagine That," don't you? I think they like that one, because it gets used every year. And kids still like to make up stories.
imagine that is im my opinion one of the better songs ever made by sesame street .... shame they never released it on cd so i can't d/l it lol :stick_out_tongue:

ssetta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
True, but I do not see 3 year olds going out and buying Sheryl Crow albums..
Well, the kids wouldn't buy them, but the parents would. And what I said before is that, well, most of the parents who watch Sesame Street now are in their 20s, or early 30s. And younger parents may not be familiar with Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Billy Idol, Dolly Parton, or any of those old parodies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You probably know that song "Imagine That," don't you? I think they like that one, because it gets used every year. And kids still like to make up stories.

That was on both this season and last...

I think that Christopher Cerf did the voice of the guy on the ship

"ernie there's a big storm drawing near...."

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually wondered about that myself! It sure sounded like him! For a minute I thought it could have also been Richard Hunt, but it sure sounded like Chris.