On this day, 30 years ago today...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, right. How could I forget about Baby Animal's appearance in MFC? That was one of Animal's best moments.

(Seeing baby Animal play with wrapping paper)
All: Awwwww, Animal.

(Adult Animal crashes through the screen)

All: Awwwwww, Animal!

Scooter: Some things never change.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Happy 30th birthday to one of my favorite childhood shows! It still is as young as it was back then...

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
BTW, I loved the live action intro, GonzoLeaper. It's a shame that they never made Baby Skeeter, Baby Animal, or even Nanny in puppet form. Yet I do recall seeing a calendar somewhere that has a puppet Baby Skeeter. :confused:
Cool! Yeah, I thought it was pretty awesome too. As has been pointed out, Baby Animal did get a puppet form in "Muppet Family Christmas". Also, he recently resurfaced in a 2014 Lipton commercial.:halo:
For Baby Skeeter, no true puppet form has really been made, but Skeeter has appeared as a poster puppet and as a walk-around costume for a live Muppet Babies show. (See Muppet Wiki's entry for more details.)

I'd love to see a puppet version of Skeeter though- it could make for an interesting plot point for a future Muppet movie to see her return from being lost in the jungle somewhere or something.:wink:

As for Nanny, a puppet version would definitely be interesting- especially since it wouldn't have a head! (lol- since Nanny's head was never shown- interestingly though, Uncle Statler's and Uncle Waldorf's were. [And they were certainly adults on the show.]
But if you can imagine Barbara Billingsley in Nanny's outfit, there's your live Nanny appearance.:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Here are some interesting live action versions of Nanny I found online....

Some interesting Halloween costume ideas here...:big_grin:

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely- that would make for a hilarious fanfiction story!

"What should we play today?"-:wink:
"How about an adventure game? I'm going to go explore the jungle today!"- Skeeter
"Kids! Time for breakfast!"- Nanny
"Yes, Nanny"- all
(A knock comes at the door)
"Now, who could that be? Well, I might as well check the mail while I'm going out. You kids finish breakfast and then you can play. I'll come check on you in a while."- Nanny
(Nanny opens the door and the kids get a glimpse of a robed, man with metal claws for hands. He's holding a cat, who growls as he pets him roughly.)
"Meowwwrrrr!"- Mad Cat
"Not now, Mad Cat- I've got to get this mask on and then get that theater! It's all part of my masterful plan to get rid of Gadget and finally rule the world when I threaten to torture the world with third rate variety shows!"- Dr. Claw
"My, don't you look nice. May I help you?"- Nanny (who missed the scene with Dr. Claw and the cat as she had stopped to pick up some toys, but the Babies saw. Dr. Claw is now wearing a mask and wearing a suit, looking handsome and debonair.)
(After breakfast, the kids head back to the nursery, but discover Skeeter is now missing. And a man in a gray suit is now there.)
"Hello, kids- My name is Inspector Gadget. Have you seen any M.A.D. agents in the area?"- Inspector Gadget
"Well, we did see someone talking to our Nanny and she seemed to think he was nice. But Mister Inspector, we don't like Dr. Claw and we don't want to lose our Nanny"-:mad:
"Yeah! We think he's mean and dirty and tricked Nanny into helping him!"-:concern:
"And the worst part is- my sister's gone missing with them!"-:wink:
"Now, now, kids- don't worry. Inspector Gadget is here and I'm always on duty! I'll find Dr. Claw and stop his plot and have your Nanny back to you in no time."- Inspector Gadget
"In the meantime, I'm sure your uncles will take good care of you. Now- Go, Go Gadget Copter! (Skis pop out on Gadget's feet.) No- I said Copter! Yaaaa!!!!" (Gadget skis off out of the nursery.)
"Aw, sheesh!"-:smile:
(In another corner of the nursery)-
"Come on, Animal- I guess from now on, I'll walk you and you can walk me."-:sympathy:
"Go for walk! Go for walk! Yagagagaga!":halo:
"And I'll take Robin and Camilla for a walk across the street"-:embarrassed:
"Fozzie! Tadpoles don't have feet- they can't walk. And why would you Camilla the chicken cross the street with my nephew Robin?"-:smile:
"She's helping him to get to the other fly. Hahaha- Wocka, Wocka, Wocka!"-:embarrassed:
"FOZZIE!"- Everyone in the room
(In yet another corner of the nursery)-
"Come on, Brain- we better get on the trail of Nanny and follow after those two older gentlemen:sleep::boo: who said that they've taken over the nursery now. I think they must be M.A.D. agents!"- Penny
"I'm glad to hear you say that. Beaker and I think you're right and we have been working on an experiment that may help you."-:confused:
"Meep! Meep! Meep!"-:eek:
(Bunsen presents Penny with her computer book.)
Brain barks excitedly.
"Oh wow! I can bet I can track down Dr. Claw and his agents in no time with that."- Penny
(They make their exit while the Babies imagine a world without Nanny, spoofing "It's A Wonderful Life". Then they sing "Saying Goodbye".)
Just then, a knock at the door-
"Hey, what's going on here?"-Bean Bunny
"Like, I guess we picked a bad time to visit."-:flirt:
(A voice behind them talks)- "Oh, I don't know. I'd say you came at just the right time."
"NANNY!"- everyone
"Is everything all right in here?"- Nanny
"Yes, Nanny"- Muppet Babies
"But, Nanny- where were you?"-:mad:
"Yeah, what happened to Dr. Claw?"-:smile:
"And what about Skeeter?"-:wink:
"I'm right here, silly"- Skeeter
"Skeeter came to help me bring in the mail, kids. And there was a man called Dr. Claw at the door and said he was looking for Scooter and Skeeter's uncle J.P. He had this idea for funding and reviving an old theater of some sort and was looking for backers. Your Uncle Statler and Uncle Waldorf quickly came and warned me away from him (and particularly that theater- they said something about a deadly phantom haunting it- of course, I think they were just teasing me, of course), but I frankly just didn't trust him anyway. He was so mean to his poor cat and it looked like he didn't have a head- I couldn't see his face behind some mask and robe he had on. Isn't that funny, kids?"
"Oh yeah, Nanny- I couldn't picture you without a head- that would just look weird!"-:sympathy:
"Weird? I can just picture it! A whole race of headless beings. And even if you didn't have a head, none would be as lovely as you, my sweet. I can just picture you and me together there..."-:concern:
"WHAT? Keep dreaming, buster."-:mad:
"I'm just glad you and Skeeter are safe, Nanny."-:embarrassed:
(The Muppet Babies sing "Together Again", and in the background Dr. Claw is seen walking off with Chief Quimby, muttering, "Next time! I'll get you next time, Gadget!")
(Right after the song, in the closing credits sequence)-
"I'm glad we're all back together too, kids. Oh, and I almost forgot. I ran into that Inspector Gadget just as he was leaving, right after that cute little girl and her dog walked with up with the police chief to arrest Dr. Claw for solicitation and animal cruelty.
The police chief gave a note to Inspector Gadget and read it but then went skating off- he tossed the note over his shoulder and I'm afraid it didn't get back to the Chief."- Nanny
"No worry! Animal get it to him!"-:halo:
"You did? Very good, Animal- that was a nice thing to do!"- Nanny
(Muffled explosion heard in the background)
"Go bye-bye! Yagagagaga!"-:halo: