Remembering Gerry Parkes, 1924-2014

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I haven't seen the full series of Fraggle Rock yet, but I am familiar with Doc from his appearance in Muppet Family Christmas.

He seemed like such a wonderful person. May he rest in peace. And you gotta love the friendship between him and Sprocket.:drool:

Katzi428

Reaction score
R.I.P. Gerry. Say hi to Jim, Jerry,Richard & those that have gone before us

dwayne1115

Reaction score
He had such a great chemistry with any of the Muppets that he worked with. On Fraggle or on Muppet Family Christmas, and it's kind of sad he did not do anymore work with the Muppets.

He had such a kind warmth about it, and I think that is what made him so likeable.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
This is a tough blow to Fraggle fans... His spirit will live on throughout his work on Fraggle Rock.

( P.S If any of you are willing to post a paragraph on how you feel about this for my blog, feel free to PM me.)

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
In retrospect, I realize that Doc was my favorite character not in the Fraggle Five. I always loved his segments with Sprocket (I wonder how Steve reacted to this), and his performance in the final episode brings me to tears every time. This genuinely breaks my heart, to know that yet another thing I hold dear is gone. At least he's in heaven with his friend Gobo now.

RIP Doc, my friend. "You cannot leave the magic" <3 :'(

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Very sad news to hear. I was quite surprised to hear he was 90 he looked so much younger. I will really miss the guy RIP Doc you will be missed.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
sad i didn't even know that he died he had great interaction with sprocket and fozzie's mother another sad loss along with mr hooper