Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If I Get Paid

• If Fozzie Bear Makes a Cameo

• Total voters

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Anyone hungry for some comedy, because I am making an all new web series. The show will be called "Puppet Stand-Up", and it will be a stand-up comedy show which will star Sid Smith the legendary hand puppet comedian, I will show you pictures of him if possible. Puppet Stand-Up is currently in development, but it will air on Youtube under my channel Robber Stoppers. I will try to keep the stand-up comedy clean, but there may be some references not for kids. Each episode will be a stand-up comedy session on a certain topic. Some I am going to do include movie ratings, halloween/trick or treat, puppets, and many more. I will post a trailer for it soon, please share your thoughts here, ask questions, and just tell me what you think.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here's the show's trailer, the first episode will air on Halloween, share your thoughts.

DerpSandwich

Reaction score
I think it's totally awesome that you're working with what you've got and making a show. That said, there are some things you can do to drastically improve your show's quality.

First off, holding the camera and performing with the other hand historically doesn't look very good. Getting a cheap tripod online would help a lot (you can find them for under $20 on Amazon), or barring that you could even just set the camera up on a desk or something. It's really important to be able to freely perform within the camera space.

I definitely suggest getting a better puppet. That's totally cool if you're just looking to get started and using what you've already got, but if you're serious about puppetry I would make getting something new a top priority. Ebay's a great place to get starter puppets. My first puppet was about $50 with two arm rods, and he worked out great for me.

I suggest editing in any sound effects (like laugh tracks) after shooting. It sounds like it's playing somewhere in the background, and it's very hard to hear. Maybe I'm wrong and you did edit it in, but if so I guess it needs to be louder. Overall though I wouldn't overdo it with such effects, as they can get old after a while.

That's just my two cents. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do! :smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think it's totally awesome that you're working with what you've got and making a show. That said, there are some things you can do to drastically improve your show's quality.

First off, holding the camera and performing with the other hand historically doesn't look very good. Getting a cheap tripod online would help a lot (you can find them for under $20 on Amazon), or barring that you could even just set the camera up on a desk or something. It's really important to be able to freely perform within the camera space.

I definitely suggest getting a better puppet. That's totally cool if you're just looking to get started and using what you've already got, but if you're serious about puppetry I would make getting something new a top priority. Ebay's a great place to get starter puppets. My first puppet was about $50 with two arm rods, and he worked out great for me.

I suggest editing in any sound effects (like laugh tracks) after shooting. It sounds like it's playing somewhere in the background, and it's very hard to hear. Maybe I'm wrong and you did edit it in, but if so I guess it needs to be louder. Overall though I wouldn't overdo it with such effects, as they can get old after a while.

That's just my two cents. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do! :smile:
First off, thank you very much for giving me feedback, I really love getting some. First off let me clear some stuff up. This was the only time I filmed with my other hand, this was soley for the trailer, for the episodes someone else will film, and I will do the puppetry. Secondly, I realize the canned laughter needs some work, can you teach me how to edit laughter in? Also, I see that the puppet needs work, but it would seem weird to randomly have another puppet put in, and I regret not using my other puppet, which was more flexible, but the puppet is just for his mouth moving, not much else, so I am not really serious about the puppetry, which I will again work on since this was just a quick rushed trailer, I had little time and I promised my fans a trailer that day, but everything else will not be like that. So thanks for the feedback, and if you can please tell me how to edit in a laugh track.

DerpSandwich

Reaction score
First off, thank you very much for giving me feedback, I really love getting some. First off let me clear some stuff up. This was the only time I filmed with my other hand, this was soley for the trailer, for the episodes someone else will film, and I will do the puppetry. Secondly, I realize the canned laughter needs some work, can you teach me how to edit laughter in? Also, I see that the puppet needs work, but it would seem weird to randomly have another puppet put in, and I regret not using my other puppet, which was more flexible, but the puppet is just for his mouth moving, not much else, so I am not really serious about the puppetry, which I will again work on since this was just a quick rushed trailer, I had little time and I promised my fans a trailer that day, but everything else will not be like that. So thanks for the feedback, and if you can please tell me how to edit in a laugh track.
Editing in the laughter would really just depend on your editing software. Are you using Windows Movie Maker? If you have the laughter as an audio file, you should be able to just import it into the program or even just drag and drop it onto the timeline.

If you don't have the actual file, you can get a lot of sound effects from Youtube by using software to grab MP3's from videos. I use "Free Youtube to MP3 Converter" by DVDVideoSoft. It's free and it does a great job. Just be careful when downloading software like that, as there are a lot of scammers out there with these types of programs, and when you're installing it you've got to make sure you don't say yes to installing any unwanted stuff.

You should be able to find a lot of great Youtube videos that will teach you stuff about video editing.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here's the very first episode. Some stuff has been fixed, the camera work is way better and the laugh track is more audible, still working on the puppetry, but the episode itself is great.

Enjoy.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here is the second episode. Overal to me, Puppet Stand Up has been somewhat a success. The episodes have been getting over thirty views in the first week. That may not seem like much, but for an amature like me it is, so here is episode two.

Please watch, and I hope you like it and laugh.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here is the third episode, so I hope you guys enjoy it.

Watch as Sid Smith makes you laugh about the subject of movie ratings.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The fourth episode is on Youtube.

I hope you like the episode, go on Youtube for more.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The fifth episode of Puppet Stand Up has been on Youtube a while, so please watch the show.

Tell me your thoughts on the episode.