Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Rugratskid

Reaction score
The only thing I've only heard is when people mix up Elmo's World and Elmo the Musical. I don't know why this annoys me so much, but it does. :stick_out_tongue: I don't know how you mix them up when they have separate intros, and totally different looks to them. :laugh:

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
The only thing I've only heard is when people mix up Elmo's World and Elmo the Musical. I don't know why this annoys me so much, but it does. :stick_out_tongue: I don't know how you mix them up when they have separate intros, and totally different looks to them. :laugh:
I think I have elmos world on PC,but it still ISN'T THE SAAAME!!

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I think I have elmos world on PC,but it still ISN'T THE SAAAME!!
Do you mean you have the show on your computer? :stick_out_tongue: I have some myself. I miss my old DVR; it had a bunch of 1998-2005 Sesame episodes on it.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I can finally add a comment to this section that may amuse some...

A couple of months ago, my partner was getting in my car which ALWAYS has a Muppet album playing (my iPhone playlist is probably 95% Muppets so it's fairly predicable that they will be playing during any journey!!) and my partner of 17 years said something that I will never, EVER let her live down...

As a pre-cursor to what she said and brief (re)introduction, I, like most of you good folk on here, am a Muppet-nut!!! I love em!! I am always surrounded by them, always watching them and always listening to them. It would be a fairly safe assumption that anyone who spends anytime with me would be very familiar with the Muppets!

Anyhoot, what she unforgivably said as she got in my car and "The Rainbow Connection" was blaring out was "awwwwwww c'mon, don't you EVER get bored of hearing Muppet The Frog sing?????"

That my friends, is annoying!!

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
I don't know how much of this has already been stated, but I wanted to put in my two cents/what I have heard.
- When people have the same attitude that Miss Piggy did in the Lesle Uggams show (about Sesame Street. "Isn't that the cute children's show with puppets?") about The Muppet Show, or anything Muppet related.
- Piggy backing off of my last point, when I bring up the violence that was in the early Muppet stuff (or any violence anywhere in the Muppet universe) and people get disgusted with it and act like "that's not what I grew up with".
- People blaming the Jim Henson Company for stuff Sesame Street does, or the lack of Muppets. Or when people just can't get over the fact that there may not ever be another gathering of Muppets (aka Muppet Family Christmas) due to everyone being owned by different companies.
- Everything made after Jim Henson died is utter crap. Well, Muppets Tonight may not have been great, but there's been a lot of other stuff that is really good!
- 'But that's none of my business'. No. *shudders* I hate that so much.
- I've actually heard Steve Whitmire's last name pronounced "Whit-mer" instead of what I've usually heard.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Hmm let's see...

• When people complain about the lack of Jason Segel and/or Amy Adams in MMW.:rolleyes:
  • Same here, @LoveRowlf212, I'm not so much of a fan of those "That's None of my Business" memes...
  • When somebody says their childhood is ruined when he/she sees a picture of a muppeteer(s) performing...:sigh:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Not really a misnaming, but it gets on my nerve when people call Statler and Waldorf, those two old guys in the balcony, how hard is it to pronounce their names, it seems to be the more common name for them by the general public.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Not really a misnaming, but it gets on my nerve when people call Statler and Waldorf, those two old guys in the balcony, how hard is it to pronounce their names, it seems to be the more common name for them by the general public.
That one doesn't bother me so much, because if people aren't big muppet fans it makes sense that they don't know them.

It's kinda like how some people are super into things like Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Comic Books, Pokemon, etc. If I'm talking about any of those things I'm sure Ill end up butchering names and references, so out of fairness I have to understand people who aren't as into Muppets as me....that being said if Someone IS a muppet fan then I agree, call them by their names!

Grifoshka

Reaction score
That has been pointed out several times already, but what really bothers me is when people think "Anything with Muppets=Sesame Street" and "Sesame Street is a stupid show for toddlers", especially without watching it. Like when I introduced my friend (who's a huge Bowie fan) to Fraggle Rock and she really seemed to be interested. And then, at her birthday party, she was talking about Bowie and asked me: "How did you discover Labyrinth? Oh, I know, because the guy who was behind Sesame Street directed it! You watch this stuff, right?" Everyone just smiled at me condescendingly, and I was like "...Argh". Why won't people watch some Muppets?