Will there ever be a second Muppets Greatest Hits CD?

magenta1

Reaction score
Hi!
I love the first CD recently released on Rhino of Muppet Hits but there are so many more muppet songs (You can't live with 'em by Kermit and Rolf, plus more from the other movies and the show) that I'd love to see available.
Anyone know how the first one sold? Might there be a second one?
Thanks!!

James
(magenta1)

Luke

Reaction score
I don't know how correct this is now - but i had heard there might well be another Muppet CD.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Last year's CD did extremely well on Amazon's sales rank. I wonder how many units have sold....

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would love to see another one. I loved the first one. I even have Muppet Hits and Muppet Hits 2 on cassate tape. I did have The Muppet Movie cassate tape sound track but my sister broke it. Man just hated her for the whole day. I had broke her ear phone but fixed them before my Muppet Movie Sound Track went "boom crunch bang" on the side walk.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
There is so much great stuff that wasn't on the 25th ann album; I'd definately be in favor of a second disc.

Hey, they did the same thing with SS

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I've mentioned before that I work at one of the major music retailers, and often we see repesenitives from record companies. I recently (if Jan. is recent) saw someone from WEA, the company that distributes Rhino. She said the first one has been selling very well and steady since it's release, and they hope to secure the rights to put out a boxed set of ALL the movie soundtracks including bonus tracks like demo versions of the songs and songs in the movies but not on the original releases, and more compilations of Muppet music. But at the time it was still all up in the air with the sale looming.

Side note... in the store I work in it has sold 22 copies since it's release, that is alot for a "childrens" record.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
An entire set would be awesome!!!!!!!

Hey, a few of us (Including me) were talking about this a while back (Although I wanted a "complete" Henson set ... oh well :smile: ); maybe some of their employees got the idea from here :big_grin:

I hope this happens someday

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
In the meantime, "The Muppet Show" (and a certain famous one-shot sketch) is mentioned in a lyric on "Weird Al" Yankovic's upcoming album, "Poodle Hat!"

:cool:

Jrobert

Reaction score
And if we're all really lucky, then it'll show up on the Apple iTunes store! :smile:

Then it's cheaper and more versatile! He He He