Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sigh... And just the other day I was thinking about how I hope they don't put out any more Elmo's World videos unless it contains the transportation episode (or unless they want to release all the segments in order on one set, or a multi-volume chronological collection... And the transportation episode would be included if they did that). But on the up side, while most Sesame Street videos from the last few years have had the covers proclaim "over two hours of fun!", this video's cover boasts that it contains three hours. Could this be a new trend for regular (non-collectors) DVD releases?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Sigh... And just the other day I was thinking about how I hope they don't put out any more Elmo's World videos unless it contains the transportation episode (or unless they want to release all the segments in order on one set, or a multi-volume chronological collection... And the transportation episode would be included if they did that). But on the up side, while most Sesame Street videos from the last few years have had the covers proclaim "over two hours of fun!", this video's cover boasts that it contains three hours. Could this be a new trend for regular (non-collectors) DVD releases?
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm super perturbed that they don't have any special DVD releases planned for the 45th anniversary, yet they can make time to produce yet another DVD of a segment that's been taken off the air for the last 2 YEARS! To add with, all of the chosen segments have ALREADY BEEN RELEASED ON PAST DVDS, not to mention that there's already been an Elmo's World video about parts of the body that included 2 segments that will be shown on this upcoming release!!!! Come to think of it, the same applies to when there was a DVD that only had the Penguins, Horses, and Frogs episode that were carried over to the All About Animals DVD, but that's another story...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm super perturbed that they don't have any special DVD releases planned for the 45th anniversary, yet they can make time to produce yet another DVD of a segment that's been taken off the air for the last 2 YEARS!
I was thinking why not make the second volume of Elmo the Musical a wide release (it probably will soon)? Or release DVDs of Super Grover 2.0 or Cookie's Crumby Pictures? Why hasn't there been an Abby's Flying Fairy School DVD?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm super perturbed that they don't have any special DVD releases planned for the 45th anniversary, yet they can make time to produce yet another DVD of a segment that's been taken off the air for the last 2 YEARS!
At least it comes with a bonus of the underwhelming home video version of the 35th anniversary special episode.

SW does not want to do anything for its 45th. I get that. It's a great time for a cash grab, and their profits go back to SW projects... could have been a nice way to earn some extra cash.

But yeah. Elmo's World should have died years ago with the segment. How come we never got any further volumes of Ernie and Bert Great Adventures on DVD?

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Why do they keep releasing these? Parents and/or fans most likely already own everything on this disc. There's no need to keep re-releasing them; if everyone already owns them, they won't sell. If they really want to make some money, they could release the whole series in volumes, or altogether in one big set. They could charge some major money for it, and I bet people would buy the set instead of all these compilation DVDs. Once you release a set, you can be done with Elmo's World releases. Unless Sesame Workshop is draining every last dollar out of Elmo's World. But they would never ever do that! :laugh:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
They called the first Elmo's World VHS release..."Elmo's World". HOW STUPID IS THAT?!?!
Not stupid at all. From what I can tell, only the first VHS and DVD releases were named "Elmo's World". The DVDs were probably renamed once the segment became popular, or before then. Also, the back of the case says which episodes are on the disc/tape. I hope there aren't people that are too lazy to flip the case over. :laugh: Muppet Wiki says...

"As the first video release in this series, this had no subtitle to indicate the included segments, but is usually cited as 'Dancing Music Books' by retailers."

So it's not like you had no clue on the episode list. Also, being the first release, listing the names on the front wasn't common. So it's not really stupid at all. Case closed, unless someone has a valid reason to why it is dumb. :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why do they keep releasing these? Parents and/or fans most likely already own everything on this disc. There's no need to keep re-releasing them; if everyone already owns them, they won't sell.
There are a lot of Elmo's World DVDs. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of kids don't have complete collections. Do any of us here have copies of every single Sesame Street VHS or DVD release (okay, I won't count the super rare InteractiVision releases)?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm super perturbed that they don't have any special DVD releases planned for the 45th anniversary, yet they can make time to produce yet another DVD of a segment that's been taken off the air for the last 2 YEARS! To add with, all of the chosen segments have ALREADY BEEN RELEASED ON PAST DVDS, not to mention that there's already been an Elmo's World video about parts of the body that included 2 segments that will be shown on this upcoming release!!!! Come to think of it, the same applies to when there was a DVD that only had the Penguins, Horses, and Frogs episode that were carried over to the All About Animals DVD, but that's another story...
The All Our Senses Club episode wasn't on DVD. I've seen every non-EW Sesame DVD from 2008 on. I'll be getting this so I can own that episode. (Gabi's last appearance on the show.)

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Why do they keep releasing these? Parents and/or fans most likely already own everything on this disc. There's no need to keep re-releasing them; if everyone already owns them, they won't sell. If they really want to make some money, they could release the whole series in volumes, or altogether in one big set. They could charge some major money for it, and I bet people would buy the set instead of all these compilation DVDs. Once you release a set, you can be done with Elmo's World releases. Unless Sesame Workshop is draining every last dollar out of Elmo's World. But they would never ever do that! :laugh:
Exactly my point. 2 years ago, we got the more worth watching Elmo: The Musical as a replacement for Elmo's World. With that in mind, I imagined that there would be no more Elmo's World DVDs being made, but eventually I got proved wrong. Whenever a new Elmo's World DVD is announced, I always feel the urge to let out a huge groan, as every episode chosen has already been on another video. Heck, the Transportation episode still hasn't made its way to video! What's up with that? Like you just said, Warner Bros. needs to release the whole series in volumes, or altogether in one big set. If it's not being shown on a regular basis anymore, what's the point in releasing more DVDs of the segment?

The All Our Senses Club episode wasn't on DVD. I've seen every non-EW Sesame DVD from 2008 on. I'll be getting this so I can own that episode. (Gabi's last appearance on the show.)
I was referring to the regular Elmo's World segments, not the bonus features.