Questions about anything

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So if one were to pitch a television series, and the creator doesn't own his own studio, would it be better to pitch the show to a production company or a network?

For the last few months I've been thinking about doing a Mickey Mindset article on comic relief characters, and I've been wondering, would the following characters be considered "comic relief"?:
  • The Hyena's from The Lion King
  • Tinkerbell (in Peter Pan, I'm sure she's not in the Tinkerbell movies)
  • anybody from Beauty and the Beast (there's plenty of comical characters - LeFou, many of the staff turned into objects - but are they "comic relief" funny or just funny?)

Most of these characters are funny enough, but I can't really determine if "comic relief" is the right term for them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. I think in that case, most networks assign the show to a production company to take care of that... but then again, in this day and age, even if you do own a production company, networks still want to hire another company to produce the show instead.

2. You just answered your own question. If there's a character in a particularly heavy work that stands out because it's a comical character, then yes, that's the comic relief character.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm just curious, but is there any camcorder/handycam out there that can capture video in 4:3, or are they all 16:9 now?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So who owns the rights to a band/group? Would it be the manager, record label, whoever formed/started the band, or somebody else? Would an unsigned, independent band be "owned" by anyone (at least as far as title trademarks go)?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is it when you get a taco at an actual Mexican restaurant, they don't even bother to put any kind of seasonings or flavor in the ground beef, but Taco Bell does?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Beats me, for the same reason if you order chili, they'll put the beans on the side.

And even though I'm not a fan of fast food compared to authentic cuisine, Wendy's chili is somewhat decent.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So BIG HERO 6 is getting ready to come... whatever happened to 1-5? :stick_out_tongue:

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Hm, this just occurred to me...why is Linus and Lucy even considered a Christmas song?

It plays on the radio whenever a station starts to play Christmas music, and I know it's pretty well-known for being played on Charlie Brown Christmas and for being on the Vince Guaraldi Trio Peanuts Christmas album. While I do enjoy the fact that it's a Christmas song, I'm just curious about what makes the song...you know, Christmassy.:stick_out_tongue:

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Hm, this just occurred to me...why is Linus and Lucy even considered a Christmas song?

It plays on the radio whenever a station starts to play Christmas music. And I know it's pretty well-known for being played on Charlie Brown Christmas and for being on the Vince Guaraldi Trio Peanuts Christmas album. While I do enjoy the fact that it's a Christmas song, I'm just curious about what makes the song Christmassy.:stick_out_tongue:
The same way "Frosty the Snowman" and, worse, "Baby It's Cold Outside" are considered Christmas classics.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Groan* Please let's not get into more unsubstantiated, "'Baby it's Cold Outside' is a rape song," rants again...