There Needs To Be a Better Respect of Opinion Around Here

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
You know no one is bawling, they are just expressing their opinions on other people's opinions, so why can you not respect their opinions, it is not like they are messing with them, they are just asking why the person hated or liked something. What is more annoying though is how many people hate on this forum, because it is not like the old days, whatever those was, which really makes all the new members feel left out, anyway that is my two cents. I respect your opinion on the topic, I am just saying what I think.
"Bawling out" doesn't refer to crying or whining, as "bawling" does. "Bawling out" is about equal to "chewing someone out," or lecturing them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Is this really still and issue around here? Come on folks we got to get united here. There are some of us who are trying to make the Muppet community more friendly and united. I personally believe that Muppet fans fighting among themselves is almost like slapping Jim Henson and the work of equality that he did in the face. That dose not mean you will like everyone here, but at least treat one another with respect.
We are getting younger and younger members on here, and we adults should try our best to set an example to them on how to act, and treat other members. I love this forum, and the people on it, but if we are still fussing and fighting it has to stop.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
We are getting younger and younger members on here, and we adults should try our best to set an example to them on how to act, and treat other members.
Honestly, I think THIS is the problem.

Among the 'troublemakers' are the younger members, and either the older members do not realize this, or do not understand that some of these members do in fact need help to understand forum etiquette.

People aren't used to the younger members, and therefore, do not know how to treat them.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I think what annoys me on some of these threads is that they ask for members' opinions (such as what we consider the worst Muppet movie, or most annoying TV series, or whether we think a certain movie is overrated), but the second some members see an opinion they don't like, they act like you have no right to have that opinion (I seen people say here that they think we might be hurting the feelings of the people who made a movie or show....I thought criticism was an important part in any art; film, television, or what have you...do people really think screenwriters and directors are that thin-skinned? I really doubt it; I think it really is about making it seem like certain opinions aren't acceptable).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
(I seen people say here that they think we might be hurting the feelings of the people who made a movie or show....I thought criticism was an important part in any art; film, television, or what have you...do people really think screenwriters and directors are that thin-skinned? I really doubt it; I think it really is about making it seem like certain opinions aren't acceptable).
Get this: I can remember years ago when I was on an ED, EDD N EDDY forum, and the show had been renewed for new episodes, I had trouble getting into the new episodes, because it was kind of obvious that it was lacking the spark and enthusiam that the show's original run had... I expressed my opinion on the forum about that, and I got reprimanded for such by the admins, because people who worked on the show occasionally lurked and mingled on the forum, and apparently it was unfair and rude of me to say something like that.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Get this: I can remember years ago when I was on an ED, EDD N EDDY forum, and the show had been renewed for new episodes, I had trouble getting into the new episodes, because it was kind of obvious that it was lacking the spark and enthusiam that the show's original run had... I expressed my opinion on the forum about that, and I got reprimanded for such by the admins, because people who worked on the show occasionally lurked and mingled on the forum, and apparently it was unfair and rude of me to say something like that.
Sounds just like TV Tropes' forum nowadays (the "no such thing as beneficial/constructive criticism" mentality). I'm glad that at least this forum isn't quite to that level, I must say.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think what annoys me on some of these threads is that they ask for members' opinions (such as what we consider the worst Muppet movie, or most annoying TV series, or whether we think a certain movie is overrated), but the second some members see an opinion they don't like, they act like you have no right to have that opinion (I seen people say here that they think we might be hurting the feelings of the people who made a movie or show....I thought criticism was an important part in any art; film, television, or what have you...do people really think screenwriters and directors are that thin-skinned? I really doubt it; I think it really is about making it seem like certain opinions aren't acceptable).
This problem is one we have little or no control over sadly, guess we have to sugar coat everything we say.