Sesame Workshop and Sony join forces with Classic Media to acquire Henson

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by danielromens
Please God, let this happen. We've got an already proven Muppet Distributer, Classic who needs some hefty tv bulk, and Sesame who understands the real vision of Henson and the integrity of his characters. Also they have a wonderful relationship with the staff already.

Cross your fingers gang.
I just hope this isn't one of those times Dizzy Sikes the companies out, then backs down...

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
It's Mickey vs. Casper. The race (if you can call it that) is on. Don't give a care about Sesame owning Henson, but man, there's always drama.

Hope you lose, Casper and Big Bird!
:big_grin: ... ha ha ha I love it, Mickey vs Caspe, but as much as i love SS (and Big Bird for the most part) I hope they loose. Since Eisner is sooo "ubsest" I bet he'll (Disney) WILL offer the MOST money since this looks liek the last time ever that Disney may get there hands on the Muppets!!!!:smile: :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I think this is the best type of people to own the Muppets...yes it is improbable, but would be excellent if it happened...you have the movies without the possible tyrancy of Disney....

Sarah

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I agree. I mean, look at the basics: good movies; good television shows; great DVD releases; no cheap garbage (Which Eisner is most likely to do)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E
(Which Eisner is most likely to do)
now I agree with you! Eisner's past few moves have not been good ones. I think Sony/SWS knows more about that type of entertainment SWS knows the muppets (obviously) and Sony is not totally geared towards 3 year olds, and can help the muppets more than disney.

Sarah

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Since Disney had literally screwed the muppets before, I have to wonder if Sony/SSW feel that they would have a much better chance to further the muppets along (Rather than moving them backward).

I really hope that they beat out Eisner. Henson has a much better chance w/Sony/SW

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Not to re-hash the endless Disney pro/con debate, but here is an interesting (I hope) perspective on the same old argument:

Funny thing is, I never used to see Disney as evil up until a couple years ago when this drama started...

Suddenly, I was faced with comparing Disney and Henson one on one, and in terms of
1. product
2. vision
3. corporate philosophy
there really is no comparisson...

Everytime Disney takes another step towards aquiring Henson, I like them less... which is too bad, because Disney has redeeming qualities in their own right. Just keep them away from my Muppets, and I'll be fine...

Up until this point I haven't seen any alternatives to Disney that look better, but I'd have to say that something about Sony/Sesame/Classic just feels better to me on a intuitive level.

- Derek