New Pixar Movie Previews

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And you know something? That's actually a failing message too. Kids are getting hooked on gadgets like cellphones and tablets at earlier and earlier ages, and we complain that it'll ruin their imagination and ability to amjuse themselves, and yet we don't do anything about it... matter of fact, almost all cellphones now have modes you can switch to to let kids play with them without accidentally screwing up any of your settings or anything. In the previous decade, we were complaining about kids getting addicted to the internet at an early age, discouraging them from reading books and such, and the decade before that, it was video games that apparently turned kids into couch potatoes who wouldn't know what to do if you sent them outside to play.

Bottom line... if we want to break kids away from this stuff, we actually have to take the appropriate action to do so, not just sit there and complain about it and do nothing.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And at least Disney isn't forcing these sequels on Pixar. It was all Pixar's decision, which I can respect a little more.

Last edited:

FunnieGuy

Reaction score
I am excited about Toy Story 4.
However, I just want to see the toys' adventures continue. As Toy Story of Terror had proven, it's not impossible. But doing it with a movie is a step in the wrong direction.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And at least Disney isn't forcing these sequels on Pixar. It was all Pixar's decision, which I can respect a little more.
Mayhaps, but it seems like to me that Pixar is simply following the trends rather than be the trendsetters: Pixar practically paved the way for CGI movies before they become obnoxious and the norm, and now that sequels and prequels are an overused money-making gimmick right now, Pixar seems to be stooping to those same mainstream tactics that are causing them to lose some of their credibilty.

As I said before, what we really need is for Brad Bird to come up with something new (aside from THE INCREDIBLES 2, which I agree really did need to be made); both of his Pixar movies have had a Don Bluth-esque quality to them that made them really enjoyable... I'd like to see him come in with some new stories to tell.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Odd bit of news regarding Toy Story 4; after getting the basic storyline from a team including John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton, Rashida Jones and her writing partner will be scripting the movie. It's far too early to make a judgment or anything on this, but I'm intrigued by their choice here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had no idea Rashida Jones was also a writer.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I keep waiting to see if there were ever to be a 4th but i'll just have to see the preview to see what it will be about. I can't wait. And can't wait for the Christmas Special coming Dec. 2 of this year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Drtooth brought up the fact that SHREK was originally intended for like six movies (I've even heard eight at one point), but I think DreamWorks made the right move of ending SHREK when they did; already, it was showing signs of wear and age, and I think had they continued with further movies before 4, people would be sick of the series; Forever After was a smart move.

At the same time, however, because SHREK was DW's really big cash cow franchise, all these other animation companies seem desperate for that similar kind of success, hence why not only are we getting a fifth ICE AGE movie (and really, the original ICE AGE was a fine stand-alone movie, it didn't need any of these sequels that are terrible), but it's probably also one of the reasons Pixar's going ahead with TOY STORY 4, because let's face it, Pixar and DW have been bitter rivals ever since Katzenberg left Pixar to form DW with Spielberg and that other guy.

And again, this is part of the reasons why sequels in general aren't even good anymore, because it's not about trying to keep the magic alive by taking the story further into new and exciting directions, it's all about making money and milking a franchise for more than it's worth. Seriously, name one movie released in the Turn of the Millennium and the New Tens that doesn't have a sequel.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Drtooth brought up the fact that SHREK was originally intended for like six movies (I've even heard eight at one point), but I think DreamWorks made the right move of ending SHREK when they did; already, it was showing signs of wear and age, and I think had they continued with further movies before 4, people would be sick of the series; Forever After was a smart move.

At the same time, however, because SHREK was DW's really big cash cow franchise, all these other animation companies seem desperate for that similar kind of success, hence why not only are we getting a fifth ICE AGE movie (and really, the original ICE AGE was a fine stand-alone movie, it didn't need any of these sequels that are terrible), but it's probably also one of the reasons Pixar's going ahead with TOY STORY 4, because let's face it, Pixar and DW have been bitter rivals ever since Katzenberg left Pixar to form DW with Spielberg and that other guy.

And again, this is part of the reasons why sequels in general aren't even good anymore, because it's not about trying to keep the magic alive by taking the story further into new and exciting directions, it's all about making money and milking a franchise for more than it's worth. Seriously, name one movie released in the Turn of the Millennium and the New Tens that doesn't have a sequel.

Um Yogi Bear?