Epic Sweepstakes: Supporting Sesame Street’s Autism Initiative

capman

Reaction score
WOW! This is like a dream possibility that Sesame Workshop is giving not only one lucky family, but a multitude of children with ASD.

The chance for my family ( with a son who is on the spectrum) to win this would be dream come true.

Thank you to the Sesame Workshop for this wonderful chance!

Please help a worthy cause and chance for you and your family to visit the Sesame Street set!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.groupon.com/deals/sesame-workshop

Each $10 donation to this Grassroots campaign will be used by Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization behind Sesame Street, to help reduce the stigma of autism spectrum disorder through the development of a new autism initiative. This initiative, “See Amazing in All Children,” aims to promote public understanding of autism—which is diagnosed in 1 in 68 kids—and to both highlight the commonalities shared by all children and celebrate the individuality of each child. It will also create digital media tools for families of children with ASD to help establish everyday routines for brushing teeth, trying new foods, and playing with others.

In addition, each $10 donation grants donors one entry into a sweepstakes* for an unforgettable trip for four to New York to visit Sesame Street, see an episode being filmed, and meet their favorite characters. The trip includes:

• Behind-the-scenes tour of Sesame Street during a live taping at the Kaufman Astoria studio (children must be 4 years old or older to visit the set)
  • Original drawing of the winner with the muppets, drawn by the associate design director of special projects at Sesame Workshop, Louis Henry Mitchell
  • $400 dining credit at Bobby Van’s Steakhouse
  • Roundtrip coach airfare for four to New York
  • Three-night stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Metropolitan New York in a deluxe room with two queen-size beds
  • Ground transportation from the NY airport to the hotel and from the hotel back to the airport, as well as transportation to and from the Sesame Street studio
  • The experience will happen in February at a time agreed upon by both the winner and Sesame Workshop

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I know they were also auctioning off a set visit on some other site earlier too.

I'm going around then anyway, so I don't have a need to enter this. But good luck to anyone else!

chudman1000

Reaction score
I was actually excited by this at first, and then a little disappointed because I can't enter. The contest is valid for all 50 states, but only two Canadian provinces: British Columbia and Ontario. (I live in Manitoba, Canada). I get why sometimes things are restricted to a certain country, but find it weird to allow Canada, but only two provinces. I would have loved to enter, as visiting Sesame Street would have been a life-long dream come true, especially now that I have a nephew whom I am trying to introduce to that world.

It is a good cause that they are trying to raise money for, but it is still hard not to be disapointed. :frown: