Spammers at MC...

Drtooth

Reaction score
He has actually threatened me now. Do I have legal options now? I DEMAND to have his information so I can seek legal action.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This is disgusting; either @Phillip or @Cindy need to step in and ban this guy. He's basically holding the forum hostage right now, harassing everyone.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
After deleting new threads, I should say that while people "can" report conversations for any of the reasons of inappropriateness the forum lists, you really shouldn't report conversations as I have little other option but to reject those reports. The advice I give is that if you receive an inappropriate PM from a forum member, you send a copy and an explanation of the situation to the forum administrator as he'd be the person to handle the issue. All I can do is click on the "Leave conversation" after checking the option to not receive further replies to said conversation, but that only works in conversations I'm an active part of. Besides, there's no "Delete" button attached to conversation posts, so it's a moote point anyway.

Hope this helps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disgusting isn't the word. We're essentially powerless to get rid of this guy, and we're really powerless, no thanks to internet anonymity to have this guy arrested. He's criminally insane and needs to be dealt with. It's clear this guy has a level of psychotic rage that in any other situation would lead to violence that would have him put on death row. But in a web forum he can just keep posting the same demented bullsXXt over and over like it's going to make his miserable excuse for a life any better, and he's not even getting a slap on the wrist from it.

The steps that need to be taken:

Banning, sure... that's number one.

A stern letter sent to his isp (I'm sure there's a way that can happen).

A request from said provider for his information so we can build a case up against him and/or inform any family members of his actions

And finally any legal action we can take to get this guy taken away from society. he's dangerous.

After deleting new threads, I should say that while people "can" report conversations for any of the reasons of inappropriateness the forum lists, you really shouldn't report conversations as I have little other option but to reject those reports. The advice I give is that if you receive an inappropriate PM from a forum member, you send a copy and an explanation of the situation to the forum administrator as he'd be the person to handle the issue.
Another thing wrong with the forum. I'll send you the (again) DEATH THREATS I've got for absolutely no reason. Hopefully this can finally bring his actions over the edge to legally do something about him. This is past harassment. This is the kind of letter a celebrity gets just before the writer gets taken into police custody.

Schfifty

Reaction score
A Troll Story...

GoboFan1981: *negative, derogatory remarks about this forum and its members*

Phil: Not today, troll.

Merry Christmas! Ho...ho......ho!

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm sorry if I got a little rough about this. Not having a great month. Had an incident on Sunday that ruined the entire day for me.

But my point still stands, this guy is going to come back at some point. What steps can be taken to prevent that?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Having maintained a forum before, I hate to rain on the parade, but just banning the account is only a small step to alliviating the big issue: has his IP address been banned? If not, he can register a new account just like that, all he needs is a new email address, when he can probably obtain with any free service (Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)