Spammers at MC...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Having maintained a forum before, I hate to rain on the parade, but just banning the account is only a small step to alliviating the big issue: has his IP address been banned? If not, he can register a new account just like that, all he needs is a new email address, when he can probably obtain with any free service (Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Exactly what I'm saying. His IP address needs to be blocked and his IPS needs to be contacted. Otherwise he can make sock puppet accounts and we'll go through this every month. I'm sure the mods and admins don't want to have to deal with him anymore than we want to get threats by him. And while I am sorry I've said some pretty angry things about the security measures (again, rough month, got into a fight with someone today, etc... this was the absolute last thing I needed), the issue of that still stands.

We can deal with him every single time he pops back up or we can deal with him once and for all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, and this guy made a mistake today that may have accidentally exposed himself: he made a post that's very similar to someone else's antics in the past, and again, IIRC, that guy was either associated with Mike Bennidict, or Mike Bennidict himself, so we've dealt with this guy before in the past, and unless nip the problem at the source (the guy's IP address and his ISP), we'll probably deal with him again.

As I said two pages ago, we really need global mods around here to help out with moderating the forum.

Drtooth

Reaction score
HA HA HA.... really!?! It's that guy? It would totally be hilarious if it was that guy. At least we'd get a name on that perp. If anyone remembers what state he was in, we could narrow it down and take care of it through the authorities.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, I honestly don't know why Phil doesn't look into expanding on the forum staff; this would take a load off of him, and it certainly would help Ed out, and again, the whole forum would benefit from it... this is something that we've been talking about on here for years now - it seems like this needs to be something to stop talking about and start doing.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm sorry if I got a little rough about this. Not having a great month. Had an incident on Sunday that ruined the entire day for me.

But my point still stands, this guy is going to come back at some point. What steps can be taken to prevent that?
HA HA HA.... really!?! It's that guy? It would totally be hilarious if it was that guy. At least we'd get a name on that perp. If anyone remembers what state he was in, we could narrow it down and take care of it through the authorities.
If it really is Mike Bennedict (I remember his inappropriate behavior all too well) I believe he was from Chicago, if that helps give you any leads.

Schfifty

Reaction score
If it really is Mike Bennedict (I remember his inappropriate behavior all too well) I believe he was from Chicago, if that helps give you any leads.
I had a PM with this person way before this ruckus started today, about a month and a half ago, and he said he lives in Nevada. He could be lying, for all we know...