When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Today I was reminded that the old saying, "That one vote really doesn't make a difference," is actually true; with the exception of approving wine in grocery stores (like that was a serious issues), everything charter ammendment that should have been voted against passed, so now abortion clinics can stay in business, crooked judges can keep their jobs while other judges can't be voted on, and all that other crap.

Harleena

Reaction score
What's the deal with that Alex from Target meme? Have we all just forgotten about Taylor the Latte Boy? (BTW, if you've never heard that song, here's a really good version of it. It also has his response.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today I was reminded that the old saying, "That one vote really doesn't make a difference," is actually true; with the exception of approving wine in grocery stores (like that was a serious issues), everything charter ammendment that should have been voted against passed, so now abortion clinics can stay in business, crooked judges can keep their jobs while other judges can't be voted on, and all that other crap.
I love how people think abortion's going to effect them. And I especially hate the "all babies need to be borned, but after that, it's not our problem" viewpoint. it's a complicated issue with no winners, but the side against it is incredibly hypocritical. If all life is sacred, then it's the whole life, not just 9 months at the beginning. If the baby is born, the same exact people whine about how these women who keep them are welfare queens. You can't say "I demand you have a baby as killing it is a great sin" and then turn around and say "You want us to help you? Go *&^% yourself, gutter ho!" But that's the anti-abortion debate right there. Scaring old people and screwing over those who need help.

And that's not in the case of rape or if the mother and child will die anyway due to complications. The anti stance on that is as chilling as it is idiotic. Remember the right wing politician that said that there's no way a woman can get pregnant during rape? Yeah. THAT'S who's engaged in the debate. Not saying it's good one way or another, but if the anti- side wasn't so incredibly hypocritical, I'd hear them out. These women need help not self righteous finger wagging.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now that Republicans own the Senate, I fear for all the progress we've made when it comes to stuff like same-sex marriage (which has recently been legalized in my state). Though most voters here voted against giving salary raises to local lawmakers, so there's at least one positive here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that Republicans own the Senate, I fear for all the progress we've made when it comes to stuff like same-sex marriage (which has recently been legalized in my state). Though most voters here voted against giving salary raises to local lawmakers, so there's at least one positive here.
Which is a long rant I've been holding in.

The Democrats have the worst marketing firm since Conquistador insteant coffee. How the heck is it impossible to remind voters about how the Republicans wanted to destroy the president because Master Limbaugh the Hutt told them to? The government shut down? Them. Refusing to raise the minimum wage? Them. The wiretapping. Sweet Mike the wiretapping. How is it that the very same politicians who said "if you don't love the Patriot Act, you're a terrorist sympathizer" ran on "Obama's spying on you" logic? It's as if the Reps knew that the general public had the attention span of a goldfish.

They outright admitted they wanted to sabotage the country so they can come to the rescue on the promise of "we can give you stuff we really can't give you," all the while saying "remember all that horrible stuff Bush did? It was everyone's fault but ours." And what's worse... they gerrymandered the heck out of districts, all the whole trying to rig the voting process to their favor, and essentially let the lobbyists and corporations pour billions of dollars into small elections.

So in short, they acted like a bunch of fat, bratty kids at someone else's birthday party, they cheated at all the games, and cried and whined until they got what they wanted. And it worked. Now, i can't be mad at Republican voters. Doesn't matter how corrupt, nasty, xenophobic, and nihilistic they are. They're loyal and will always vote Republican. The blame falls squarely on disenfranchised liberals who stayed home, Latinos who were so ticked off that Obama didn't give amnesty to illegal immigrants until after the election that they supported the party that scapegoats them, and the un-duh-cided voters who listened to the soundbites and scare commercials about Ebola. Enjoy your rights being taken away... by the very same people that whine about how Obama destroyed the constitution!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't really watch any of the morning talk shows, but they're always on, so I end up getting a taste of them... and honestly, even though they're all pretty poor anyway (and they're all pretty much carbon copies of one another... how did THE TALK not get sued for copyright infringement for ripping off THE VIEW, which nobody watches anyway), Wendy Williams's show is just plain annoying... it seems like all she ever talks about is other people's and celebrities' sex lives and/or their virginity (or lack thereof), and if people complained about the original U.S. run of Who's Line having an annoying audience, Wendy's audience is far more annoying with the constant shrilly, "WOOP-WOOP! WOOP-WOOP!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
E! TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY... I mean, remember when that show used to cover legit shows, movies, celebrities, and other well-known figures? Now all it ever covers is all these "Real Diva Wives" reality shows and crap like that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of the phrase "It is what it is". Sounds like lazy talk.
Sounds like people resigning themselves to their fate.

There are trolls on MC, people unemployed, nothing decent on tv, the country is going down the toilet, but hey...IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
With all due respect, the whole "Country going down the toilet" thing ticks me off because the hopelessness and anger of those who say it too much is partially the reason for it. There are solutions, but everyone has to get over themselves and find them. I'd say the country is more like The Simpsons. It'll never be as good as it used to be, but every so often the quality will rise for a period of time, then it will fall slightly, and then manage to get pretty good again.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm also not a big fan of "My Bad" for people who can't bring themselves to say "I'm sorry".