Now what's going on with YouTube?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I hate this.

Content Warning
This video may be inappropriate for some users.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, it's clear that YT is more concerned about partner videos and such getting views and hits and such as opposed to just letting us watch what we want to watch which is why we're subscribed to the channels we're subscribed to in the first place.

You know what I really like? They changed the text from "Hide videos" to, get this... Not interested. Only for you to click that option and have them pop back up next time you visit.

Someone has to tell them what "Not interested" means.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what I really like? They changed the text from "Hide videos" to, get this... Not interested. Only for you to click that option and have them pop back up next time you visit.

Someone has to tell them what "Not interested" means.
They always pop back up anyway.

But yes, it's interesting that they switched to that, because for the longest time, I've been yelling at the computer whenever I get hordes of these "suggestions" on the homepage, and I'm clicking to remove them, "I'M NOT ******* INTERESTED!!!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What is with this "The Gaming Show In My Parents' Garage" ad that appears on the bottom of every single freaking video you watch? There's also links to it in almost every video description now too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seriously, how much longer is Jimmy Fallon's channel going to be plastered on the homepage? Many of the vids they're promoting are over a year old.

That said, is anyone else having problems typing in search queries? It's like only half of what I type in is actually typed into the search bar... for example, if I type in, "Nostalgia Critic," the search bar may only show, "algia Ctic."

Drtooth

Reaction score
What? You don't like the Algia Critic videos? They're essentially the best thing on Youtube at the moment. So much better than Gry Ide Ame Erd videos.

It seems I was having that weird thing where you can't remove the history videos, something that's essential if you don't want a recommended videos and channel suggestions page filled with junk. How come Sesame Street videos always get crappy no name preschool and Barney videos? But it's just like the main page now. You have to remove them by clicking the impossible to see three vertical dots on the side of the page. Could it be any more cryptic.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, is anyone else having this problem: you go to watch a video, but as soon as the video page is brought up and the video starts playing, you're randomly redirected to one of the videos in the suggestion list instead? This started popping up a few days ago, and it's continued to do so off and on since then.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with playing videos, I've been trying to play videos but YouTube won't let me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've somehow managed to avoid that problem for the most part, but I have noticed lately that it's been happening more frequently for me... today, for example, apparently YT can't play anything, they apparently all say, "An error has occured."

Schfifty

Reaction score
Didn't had that problem today. Probably just one of the many servers for the site went haywire.