Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Katzi428

Reaction score
Yeppers...I am the Sesame Maniac on YouTube...and the Hooperfan goes way back to when I had a webpage in the late '90s...my, how time flies...
I've seen & enjoyed your webpage. Pleased to meet you Looper..er...Hooperfan. (did that on purpose. Couldn't resist. Sorry. :wink: )

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yeppers...I am the Sesame Maniac on YouTube...and the Hooperfan goes way back to when I had a webpage in the late '90s...my, how time flies...
Oh my god, I remember that website! That was such a cool place to visit!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I now have episodes 0002-0014 of Sesame Street; yes, THE FIRST SEASON! :smile: I can't tell my source, but hopefully some clips will come soon. :wink: Anyone have any requests for those episodes, other than the street scenes?
For requests...it depends are there any non street scenes on these episode that haven't made their way to YouTube or the Video Player?

Rugratskid

Reaction score
For requests...it depends are there any non street scenes on these episode that haven't made their way to YouTube or the Video Player?
I have no idea (as of now); I haven't checked them all. I guess I could give one person the files, but I'd want something kinda large in return (something I really want). If anyone is interested in helping me out (I guess a trade of sorts), let me know. :wink: Otherwise, I'll post some clips. The episodes are totally complete, from the intro to the credits. :smile:

cjd874

Reaction score
Pleased to meet you, Hooperfan/SesameManiac! I remember that website very well, mostly for the vintage photos of the Muppets and human cast members. Long ago, when I was a wee lad and there was free printing at my local library, I printed most of these photos and collected them in a series of scrapbooks which I still have. Now more than ten years later, I've discovered your incredible YouTube channel that continues to spark my interest in classic SS, including some 1990s street stories from my childhood. Thanks for bringing back all the memories!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I have no idea (as of now); I haven't checked them all. I guess I could give one person the files, but I'd want something kinda large in return (something I really want). If anyone is interested in helping me out (I guess a trade of sorts), let me know. :wink: Otherwise, I'll post some clips. The episodes are totally complete, from the intro to the credits. :smile:
Well, it's really astounding that you were able to get a hold of these episodes. It would be really nice to see them as guides on the Wiki.

For the YouTube deal...unless there's anything on those episodes that you don't see videos of on the internet, I think more people would be more interested in the street scenes, as those seem to be pretty well liked. Just saying.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I now have episodes 0002-0014 of Sesame Street; yes, THE FIRST SEASON! :smile: I can't tell my source, but hopefully some clips will come soon. :wink: Anyone have any requests for those episodes, other than the street scenes?
I'd like to see any of the Buddy and Jim segments that are not on YouTube.

And I know that either episode 2 or 3 has a claymation segment involving the letter E, which I'd like to see.

I'll have to check Muppet Wiki to see what else appears in those episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd like to see any of the Buddy and Jim segments that are not on YouTube.

And I know that either episode 2 or 3 has a claymation segment involving the letter E, which I'd like to see.

I'll have to check Muppet Wiki to see what else appears in those episodes.
I'd also like to see Bob sing "Feeling Groovy". And the full English video for "Spinning Wheel". And I'd like to see the segment where Ernie and Bert share jellybeans again (has anybody had that clip? I don't think Muppet Wiki even had a picture from that segment, though pictures do appear in The Sesame Street Book of Puzzles).

I wonder if it would be a good idea to look at the Muppet Wiki guides and make a list of everything in the first 14 episodes that are on YouTube.

This is a great time for fans of classic clips. A handful of unknown episodes from seasons 10-12 have recently popped up on YouTube, in the past year we've gotten a couple of "holy grail" clips (Crack Master and Lucy in the Shy with Diamonds), and it seems like Muppet Wiki has recently added guides to quite a few episodes from the 1980s and 1990s (though I assume fans had those episodes for years and just hadn't gotten around to making the guides).

One thing that I wonder (and this might be the wrong place for this): Is the Sesame Street performance of "Spoonful of Sugar" on YouTube in English? Muppet Wiki recently added a photo and a list of performers in the segment, including the voices of Bob McGrath, Loretta Long, and Joe Raposo, but when I search for the segment it doesn't come up. If the segment has only surfaced in another language, then we wouldn't know who the performers are.