Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

Luke kun

Reaction score
Not stupid at all. From what I can tell, only the first VHS and DVD releases were named "Elmo's World". The DVDs were probably renamed once the segment became popular, or before then. Also, the back of the case says which episodes are on the disc/tape. I hope there aren't people that are too lazy to flip the case over. :laugh: Muppet Wiki says...

"As the first video release in this series, this had no subtitle to indicate the included segments, but is usually cited as 'Dancing Music Books' by retailers."

So it's not like you had no clue on the episode list. Also, being the first release, listing the names on the front wasn't common. So it's not really stupid at all. Case closed, unless someone has a valid reason to why it is dumb. :stick_out_tongue:
Oh...so I see. Which year was this VHS tape released? I may need to buy it since I was a huge Elmo fan when I was a youngster. I now hate Elmo. But when I was a wee lad, I LOVED Elmo stuff.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Oh...so I see. Which year was this VHS tape released? I may need to buy it since I was a huge Elmo fan when I was a youngster. I now hate Elmo. But when I was a wee lad, I LOVED Elmo stuff.
It was released in 2000 on VHS and DVD. I prefer VHS, but just because of nostalgic childhood reasons. :laugh: I was going to buy it on video and convert it to a video file, but I don't seem to have the money for the equipment. So you can buy it really cheap on Ebay here. There's more listing, but this seems to be the cheapest.

Luke kun

Reaction score
It was released in 2000 on VHS and DVD. I prefer VHS, but just because of nostalgic childhood reasons. :laugh: I was going to buy it on video and convert it to a video file, but I don't seem to have the money for the equipment. So you can buy it really cheap on Ebay here. There's more listing, but this seems to be the cheapest.
2000? But didn't the dancing one come out in 2001? Or was that just the live version?

Drtooth

Reaction score
To be fair, we're assuming that the released EW DVD's are still in print. And also if they're in that grace period when they've stopped print when they're trying to get rid of them and they can be found cheap versus when it's been long enough for hoarding scalpers to sell them for a fortune.

Yet, if that's the case, why not just rerelease the older versions under a new label, preferably in collections or box sets. At the very least, like those 3 DVD "Best Of" collections WB was doing before the awful "And Friends" line. Yeah, there's some demand out there for EW videos, and the fleeting demographic rule maintains that these things stay in print. Instead, they just rehash the same ones over and over as "new" footage.

But at least it comes with another older, out of print special, lousy as it is on home video.

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Well, the cover for Learning Rocks has been posted on Muppet Wiki. It happened exactly a day after I made a comment about it not being there (I procrastinated on mentioning it for a few days).

We technically don't know whether it'll be two full episodes or a mix of street stories and segments... I don't know whether those episodes had rock and roll segments, but it'd be a shame if a rock-themed release doesn't have many older rock and roll segments (even if it's just rock numbers from the early 1990s and later). No word on bonus segments (besides a bonus street story) or bonus video (as I've said, Rock & Roll! would be a good choice). I know it was never announced that it would have Little Jerry, Little Chrissy, or other classic rock numbers, and we still don't know that they won't be included (hopefully we'll see an online trailer soon), but still, it'd be disapointing to not see those.

I wonder if there are any other rock and roll-themed street stories from recent years, besides what's been announced. It'd be great if, if they need another street story, they'd include the season 32 episode with Little Jerry and the Monotones (there have been recent DVD releases with street stories from as early as season 30). While they probably wouldn't be included unless it was aimed at the nostalgia market, it'd be great if this also included the full street stories with Gina meeting Little Jerry and the Monotones and Elmo taking Little Jerry's place.

Just last night I thought up a great idea for a winter release: A winter-themed DVD. Wouldn't that be great? I don't think there's been any snow episodes for the last two decades, but seasons 5 and 6 (and I think other seasons) had a number of episodes where it snowed, and I think the scenes had nothing in common besides it snowing. Yeah, maybe we wouldn't get a release like that unless it was for the long-time nostalgiac fans, but there are a lot of winter-themed segments (which I think would have a better chance at being included on a modern DVD): Grover coming to Kermit's apartment on a cold day, Kermit and Grover building a snowman, Ernie and Bert building a snowman, Telly reading the word "Cold", Kermit wanting to find out who's been in the snow for a long time, there's at least two Super Grover 2.0 episodes that take place in snowy areas, not to mention quite a few segments taking place in Alaska (though that might not count as winter, since it's always snowing in Alaska).

We technically don't know whether it'll be two full episodes or a mix of street stories and segments... I don't know whether those episodes had rock and roll segments, but it'd be a shame if a rock-themed release doesn't have many older rock and roll segments (even if it's just rock numbers from the early 1990s and later). No word on bonus segments (besides a bonus street story) or bonus video (as I've said, Rock & Roll! would be a good choice). I know it was never announced that it would have Little Jerry, Little Chrissy, or other classic rock numbers, and we still don't know that they won't be included (hopefully we'll see an online trailer soon), but still, it'd be disapointing to not see those.

I wonder if there are any other rock and roll-themed street stories from recent years, besides what's been announced. It'd be great if, if they need another street story, they'd include the season 32 episode with Little Jerry and the Monotones (there have been recent DVD releases with street stories from as early as season 30). While they probably wouldn't be included unless it was aimed at the nostalgia market, it'd be great if this also included the full street stories with Gina meeting Little Jerry and the Monotones and Elmo taking Little Jerry's place.

Just last night I thought up a great idea for a winter release: A winter-themed DVD. Wouldn't that be great? I don't think there's been any snow episodes for the last two decades, but seasons 5 and 6 (and I think other seasons) had a number of episodes where it snowed, and I think the scenes had nothing in common besides it snowing. Yeah, maybe we wouldn't get a release like that unless it was for the long-time nostalgiac fans, but there are a lot of winter-themed segments (which I think would have a better chance at being included on a modern DVD): Grover coming to Kermit's apartment on a cold day, Kermit and Grover building a snowman, Ernie and Bert building a snowman, Telly reading the word "Cold", Kermit wanting to find out who's been in the snow for a long time, there's at least two Super Grover 2.0 episodes that take place in snowy areas, not to mention quite a few segments taking place in Alaska (though that might not count as winter, since it's always snowing in Alaska).[/QUOTE]

I like what you said on this post, except that the episode with Little Jerry and the Monotones performing on the street, and then Big Bird, Snuffy, Elmo, and Prairie Dawn decide to put on a show of their own, was actually from season 31. Still, it would be cool to have a DVD that features either Little Jerry or Little Chrissy in stories and songs. That'd be cool.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Just last night I thought up a great idea for a winter release: A winter-themed DVD. Wouldn't that be great? I don't think there's been any snow episodes for the last two decades, but seasons 5 and 6 (and I think other seasons) had a number of episodes where it snowed, and I think the scenes had nothing in common besides it snowing. Yeah, maybe we wouldn't get a release like that unless it was for the long-time nostalgiac fans, but there are a lot of winter-themed segments (which I think would have a better chance at being included on a modern DVD): Grover coming to Kermit's apartment on a cold day, Kermit and Grover building a snowman, Ernie and Bert building a snowman, Telly reading the word "Cold", Kermit wanting to find out who's been in the snow for a long time, there's at least two Super Grover 2.0 episodes that take place in snowy areas, not to mention quite a few segments taking place in Alaska (though that might not count as winter, since it's always snowing in Alaska).
A winter-themed DVD is definitely something that I could go for! I've said this a good number of times, but, if Shout! Factory had the rights to releasing DVDs, they would for sure probably go heavy on classic material- this company in particular really knows how to deal with old TV shows.